General > EverDrive GBA

Does the Everdrive GBA X5 Mini support GameCube-GBA link cable functionality?

(1/3) > >>

GD46:
Title. I don't own an Everdrive yet, but I'm curious. In particular, I'm wondering if a save file for Metroid Fusion on the Everdrive will be accessible in order to to unlock bonuses in Metroid Prime on the GC as, according to the instructions in Prime, the GBA has to enter a special boot mode (by holding START and SELECT before powering on) with a Fusion cartridge inserted in order for the data transfer to work. Has anyone tried this out?

Shadow666:

--- Quote from: GD46 on May 03, 2021, 03:48 AM ---Title. I don't own an Everdrive yet, but I'm curious. In particular, I'm wondering if a save file for Metroid Fusion on the Everdrive will be accessible in order to to unlock bonuses in Metroid Prime on the GC as, according to the instructions in Prime, the GBA has to enter a special boot mode (by holding START and SELECT before powering on) with a Fusion cartridge inserted in order for the data transfer to work. Has anyone tried this out?

--- End quote ---

Nope u will need to get a EZ-FLASH OMEGA Definitive Edition for that feature as its the only one on the market that acts as a retail cart

GD46:

--- Quote from: Shadow666 on May 03, 2021, 05:01 AM ---Nope u will need to get a EZ-FLASH OMEGA Definitive Edition for that feature as its the only one on the market that acts as a retail cart

--- End quote ---
I see. Gotta say, that new EZ Flash seems pretty promising. Would I be better off getting that instead? I've been leaning more towards the Everdrive as they seem to have a better reputation concerning their quality control, reliability, and battery life.

Uliner:
I did try using my GC-GBA transfer cable for this very reason.  I really wanted to do a speed-run through Metroid Prime with the Fusion suit.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like the EverDrive supports this functionality.

In regards to the EZ Flash, I guess it solely depends on what you "need" in the device.  If not having this function is a deal-breaker for you, I guess you already have your answer. 

I also went with the EverDrive for the reasons you listed.  I've had the EZ-Flash IV in the past, and I'll admit that it was a good work-horse.  My main issue with it was the battery consumption was quite high.  After getting my 2nd EverDrive (1st one was a dud, long story --  go to http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=10870.0 if interested), it met and exceeded my expectations for battery consumption.

nuu:
The Everdrive would work in games that doesn't use this special boot mode, but unfortunately many games probably does.
Besides the single use mode for linking with GC and DS, another advantage that the Omega DE seems to have is that it uses FRAM instead of SRAM to save to. FRAM doesn't need the battery so only the RTC stops working when the button cell battery runs dry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version