Author Topic: Save files and transferring (EDX5 vs Omega DE)  (Read 937 times)

Offline Galron

• View Profile
Re: Save files and transferring (EDX5 vs Omega DE)
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2021, 06:09 AM »
Hmm, interesting discovery... So apparently the ODE has been tested up to 128gb micro SDs. This larger than you probably need, unless you are putting in every game hack, and doing multiple types of categorizations and keeping a back up of no intros in some folder...

Apparently the X5 (original) doesn't like 128gb memory cards. (though I'm sure I"m using the correct 'fat' file system, same I use on my SD2SNES Pro too, since i just swapped that card over to my GBA since my 16 gb wasn't cutting it, when I wanted to add full no intro set into the cart).. So I can't just move 128gb back and forth between them both, depending on which I want to use...

I have no idea what max tested size is? Anyone know?

Now the ODE doesn't like certainly large file name sizes or maybe its too many "parenthesies" in a file name... it seems to go crazy and can't read them as gba files, and shows the files without an icon...

Also the ODE can't read more than 512 files per folder. The excess just show up as an unusable file at the end of the 512 useable files in the folder. It doesn't seem to have any issues with multi-nested sub folders though, I've gone at least 4-5 levels in.

Tthe GBA X5 on the other hand sees to have no issues with long file names, and I've thrown practically every file name at it form No-intro sets with no problems (with all the region, language info, and rom source info (in case of virtual console rips) in parenthesis included). I also think it goes up to 1024 files with no problem (maybe more), IIRC? But I could be wrong. Again no issues with nested folders and subfolders.

The ODE though does have some features that really put it ahead of the GBA in that it can handle those large 512mb GBA Video files in the NOR (not the Fram)... even of those roms are kinda pointless!

Offline Galron

• View Profile
Re: Save files and transferring (EDX5 vs Omega DE)
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2021, 06:55 AM »
Upon further testing the issue might be that my memory card didn't get formatted to Fat32 (I thought I already did), and was in exFat... But its interesting that EzFlash ODE can read exFat...

Gonna back up and format it and test it with Fat32 and ED GBA x5.