Author Topic: New mappers in OS v12 v13 don't work  (Read 4483 times)

Offline MaarioS

• View Profile
New mappers in OS v12 v13 don't work
« on: October 23, 2015, 04:00 PM »
I just updated software on my Everdrive to OS13, I replaced the entire EDFC folder and while I try to run Lagrange Point (mapper 85) or Super Mario World (mapper 90), I get error A4 "mapper not supported" every time. I tried downgrading to OS v12 and the same thing happens, I also tried using 2 different SDHC cards and still no luck.... What is going on??

Offline miba

• View Profile
Re: New mappers in OS v12 v13 don't work
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 08:18 PM »
Make sure you extract the .zip to your PC BEFORE you copy the folder to the SD card and also dont overwrite the previous folder but rather delete it completely and then copy the new one.
SD2SNES, Everdrive N8 Famicom (transparent blue), Everdrive 64 v2.5 (transparent red), Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5

Offline MaarioS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 08:29 PM »
Make sure you extract the .zip to your PC BEFORE you copy the folder to the SD card

I thought it wouldn't matter and it seems it doesn't, I extracted zip to my PC HDD first and copied files to SD card and still the same thing happens.... I deleted previous software folder as well

As I can see Everdrive shows it is software version 13 but rather shows number of supported mappers 105. Hmm isn't some file corrupted??

Offline Pequexo_Nemo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 11:33 PM »
Debes de formatear la SD y reinstalar todo, a mi me ha funcionado bien el mapper 90 y el 85 o quizas tus roms pueden tener su header mal y necesitaras corregirlo con el NESTOPIA.

You must format the SD and reinstall everything. It has worked well for me the mapper 90 and 85 or maybe your roms can have bad header info and you need to correct with NESTOPIA.

Offline MaarioS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 06:44 PM »
This is surprising because when I reformatted the SD card it finally worked, even though I had tried updating software on 2 different SD cards before.... I don't quite know what the deal is with reformatting the card

Offline bozo55

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 10:58 PM »
This is surprising because when I reformatted the SD card it finally worked, even though I had tried updating software on 2 different SD cards before.... I don't quite know what the deal is with reformatting the card

The Everdrives are fussy when it comes to file fragmentation unfortunately.   That is typically the cause.