Author Topic: the next everdrive?  (Read 422712 times)

Offline Hydra Spectre

• View Profile
Re: the next everdrive?
« Reply #795 on: December 09, 2020, 04:20 PM »
I think KRIKzz should tackle the Nintendo DS next.
It looks like the Chinese DS flashcart scene has been slowly dying down though www.r4isdhc.com is still alive and kicking. EZ-Flash has stopped making DS flashcarts and has moved on to making GB(C) and GBA flashcarts.
It would be great for KRIKzz to step in to claim the DS flashcart scene with a superior product that has the best compatibility of any flashcart, DSi Enhancement and DSiWare support for DSi models, support for TWiLight Menu, Slot-2 support with an additional cartridge for pre-DSi models and many more features.
Maybe call it the EverDrive-NDS and give it an additional Slot-2 cartridge called the EverDrive-NDSPlus which has GBA ROM support with RTC (the games will be accessed from the Slot-1 SD card), rumple pak and expansion pak support. It can even have GBA-DS linking features with certain games like Pokémon Mystery Dungeon and Castlevania: Chronicles of Sorrow.

Offline fox1918

• View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 13, 2020, 05:28 AM »
panasonic 3do!!! :)

Offline twocows

• View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 21, 2020, 06:26 PM »
I think KRIKzz should tackle the Nintendo DS next.
It looks like the Chinese DS flashcart scene has been slowly dying down though www.r4isdhc.com is still alive and kicking. EZ-Flash has stopped making DS flashcarts and has moved on to making GB(C) and GBA flashcarts.
It would be great for KRIKzz to step in to claim the DS flashcart scene with a superior product that has the best compatibility of any flashcart, DSi Enhancement and DSiWare support for DSi models, support for TWiLight Menu, Slot-2 support with an additional cartridge for pre-DSi models and many more features.
Maybe call it the EverDrive-NDS and give it an additional Slot-2 cartridge called the EverDrive-NDSPlus which has GBA ROM support with RTC (the games will be accessed from the Slot-1 SD card), rumple pak and expansion pak support. It can even have GBA-DS linking features with certain games like Pokémon Mystery Dungeon and Castlevania: Chronicles of Sorrow.
I would love to see an Everdrive DS. The build quality on the Chinese products is not great. Every single R4i card I've ever gotten, from various different sources, has slowly begun to have issues over the course of a few years until the eventual point of failure. These things are generally cheap and flimsy and not well built. The alternative is the Supercard, but that's quite expensive and I don't want nor need the internal processor. I'd love to have a flashcart that just does DS games and homebrew well and doesn't break.

Offline Mad Hatter

• View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 29, 2021, 09:06 PM »
I'm going to vote for the Nintendo DS as well.

I've been through like R4i cards because they brick so quickly.

I rather get a nice Krikzz card if he's up for the task. I think it should be an easier project compared to the other flash carts he has made. Maybe that's why he doesn't want to make one. Maybe he wants a better challenge?
Mega EverDrive x7, EverDrive-GB X7, SD2SNES Original, EZ Flash IV, R4i-SDHC

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 30, 2021, 01:27 PM »
Why do you think that? I think it would be much harder. DS cartridges are very small, and there are tons of anti-piracy in games that forces every Chinese DS flashcart to patch the roms. It would be nice with a DS flashcart that is able to play clean roms without getting detected as a piracy device by the games.

Offline bytestorm

• View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 03, 2021, 09:42 PM »
I vote for the Nintendo DS all day!! I need a couple of these..

Offline fox1918

• View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 04, 2021, 02:12 PM »
panasonic 3do!!!

Offline joe10

• View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 14, 2021, 12:21 PM »

Offline Ulthos

• View Profile
« Reply #803 on: July 06, 2021, 08:15 PM »
32X and Karaoke capable Mega Everdrive. Yakuza karaoke songs should be built in. SNES emulation. Ukrainian vodka as preorder bonus.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 08:33 PM by Ulthos »

Offline joe10

• View Profile
« Reply #804 on: July 06, 2021, 08:53 PM »
Ukrainian vodka as preorder bonus.  ;D ;D ;D
This suggestion is very good!
Congrats!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 07:56 PM by Sid »