Author Topic: Everdrive Gb x7-c not working - black rectangle/censored logo on every platform  (Read 741 times)

Offline Christopher Arvanis

• View Profile
Hi there guys.

I'm having an issue where none of my GB capable platoforms are able to fully boot my Everdrive GB model 17, Rev.C from Some Age Gamer.

As the title suggests, I'm getting nothing but the black censored logo and the little red light in the cart itself seems a little dim.

I have read about power consumption issues on some platforms such as the gameboy pocket, though that is the single platform I don't own and haven't been able to test. I have however, power cycled like crazy on every platform to no avail.

Platforms tested:
GB (original phat)
GBC
GBA
GBA SP
GC Gameboy Player

I'm not sure what to do, it's driving me nuts! It's definitely detecting the cart somewhat, as the GBA devices wouldn't show the traditional GBC logo otherwise, but I can't get anything past that. I've  bblown out any dust in the cart and everything appears to look fine

Any suggestions? Could it be the battery? I though that was just for RTC

Thanks in advance,
Avs
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 01:54 PM by Avsynthe »

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
Looks to me like the SD card isn't pushed down enough to slot into the Everdrive, I remember running into the same issue when I got a 2nd hand Retrotowers one and had to stick duct tape over it where I didn't even notice the card wasn't slotted down enough as the spring was always pushing it back up and it showed the censored logo on my SGB and I though I broke it of course it was a broken rom.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline nuu

• View Profile
If you remove the SD card the X7 should probably show an SD card error. If you don't even get that you should talk to Stone Age Gamer or Krikzz about it as it's probably broken. It should boot without a battery only you can't save or use the RTC.

Offline Christopher Arvanis

• View Profile
If you remove the SD card the X7 should probably show an SD card error. If you don't even get that you should talk to Stone Age Gamer or Krikzz about it as it's probably broken. It should boot without a battery only you can't save or use the RTC.

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately nothing changes with or without the SD card inserted. Sorry I should have mentioned that. I can't imagine how it would have broken but it certainly does seem that way  :'(. I couldn't find anyone else online that has this problem and I scoured for hours. I could only find threads regarding power draw issues with modded consoles and gameboy pockets which produce the same symptom, though that is fixed by power cycling the console 4 or 5 times to get it working.

I've been playing on a mix of mainly the Gameboy Player for GameCube and a modded SP with an extended battery and screen (the one with 10 brightness settings) since I got it about a year ago with zero issues. I hadn't used it for a few months and when I went to use it for the first time yesterday, I ran into this problem.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 05:05 PM by Avsynthe »