Author Topic: A few questions before I take the plunge  (Read 7277 times)

Offline Gh0st

• View Profile
A few questions before I take the plunge
« on: October 07, 2012, 09:58 PM »
1. Does the ED64 have support for zipped ROMs?
2. What's the highest capacity SD card supported? EDIT: Solved, don't bother with this one.
3. Can we buy the boards directly from you, for a slightly cheaper cost, or do we have to buy from outside sources? (Right now the retrogate store looks like my store of choice)
4. Where can I find the cracked versions of Jet Force Gemini and the other cracked Copy-Protected games?

Thanks, I'm new, so sorry if these questions have already been answered.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 10:10 PM by Gh0st »

Offline keropi

• View Profile
Re: A few questions before I take the plunge
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 10:31 PM »
welcome!

1. the ED64 does not support compressed roms, they need to be uncompressed
2.  8)
3. retrogate is actually the closest to KRIKzz AFAIK
4. they are present in romsets like the No-Intro ones (No-Intro - Nintendo64 - (2012-04-27) romset) or just search for these files:
"Jet Force Gemini (E) (M4) [f1].z64" or "Jet Force Gemini (U) [f1].z64"
"Donkey Kong 64 (U) (f2).z64" or "Donkey Kong 64 (E) (f1).z64" (don't forget to force SRAM in both cases)
"Banjo Kazooie (U) V1.0 [f1].z64"

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 12:20 AM »
retro gate is krikzz shop lol i bought everdrive MD plus turbo ED for just over £100 GBP!!! bargain :D
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline Gh0st

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 03:54 AM »
Wow, thanks for all the responses! Yeah, I should have figured it was his store, seeing as both there and the forum have the same background. xD. Looks like I'll have to get an 8GB SD card as well, since I can't use compressed ROMs.
Now then, what's the difference between the normal romset (I got it from Theisozone.com) and the no-intro set? When I googled the name, the first link that came up was a Pirate Bay link-is this what I need to download?
Also, even though the ED64 is currently on back order, can I order it now, and it'll be shipped when it gets in stock, or do I have to wait until it actually says it's in stock?

Offline keropi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 10:15 AM »
Those sets are just being compiled by different teams, they usually don't have any real differences only in naming schemes... but it doesn't hurt to have a 2nd set , maybe you find a rom on GoodN64 that does not work and the No-Intro one works or vise-versa...
I also use a 8GB card with the ED64, it holds all the US set and some PAL problematic games and still has ~2+ GB free

And yes, you can order now from RetroGate and have your card shipped when ready  ;) , the same happened to me with the Turbo-ED cart  ;D

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 12:59 PM »
i love retrogate store fast UK postage
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B