Author Topic: N64 Rom Prototypes (and more that you might not know about!)  (Read 13592 times)

Keith_Loving

N64 Rom Prototypes (and more that you might not know about!)
« on: December 24, 2012, 06:04 AM »
deleted...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 05:12 AM by Keith_Loving »

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
Re: Eleven (11) NTSC Roms (that you might not know about!)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 10:54 AM »
also i have mentioned in past posts a while back that there are some pal games which seem to work in colour on ntsc consoles after they have been region fixed. i don't know why others don't but a few do. 40 winks, airboarder 64, centre court tennis, f1 world grand prix 2 and rakuga kids. for those loking to get a fullromset working with ed64 and ntsc console there is only one game that i cant get in colour on my lcd tv and thats premier manger 64, for some reason the ntsc fixed rom still displays in b/w, also theres michael owens soccer but thats the same game as mia hamms soccer just renamed for europe the game is also called rtl soccer in germany. all pal games play in colour using my sony trinatron crt tv with same setup also.
 if anyone needs any of these ntsc fixed roms i mentioned let me know :)

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
Re: N64 Rom Prototypes (and more that you might not know about!)
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 11:57 PM »
Have you tried using PALADIN to make your ROMS run using a different region setting? Most NTSC roms play fine on my PAL TV (+ PAL N64 + PAL Everdrive 64), except for a few and using Paladin I've set the problem roms to PAL and this has gotten some of them working .

http://n64.icequake.net/mirror/64scener.parodius.com/tools.htm

Also, thanks for the games list, it's great to see unreleased or prototype games.

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 01:36 AM »
i have a ntsc version of f1 racing championship. california speed was released retail in ntsc and i have a version of sydney olympics which works in colour also.

Offline hugocraft

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 04:39 PM »
I have the NTSC n64 with ntsc everdrive 64 and so far I've tried about 20 (J) (E) roms so far and they all work.  I only know english so its funny sometimes since I have no clue what options I'm picking or what I'm doing but its fun.  Haven't found a rom yet that doesn't work but haven't tried banjo or jemni which shouldn't work though. 

But I'm interested in adding prototypes to my collection.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 08:59 PM »
i would have thought everyone would have all proto roms they all in the romset
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 08:58 PM »
i tried out that dragon sword proto and it displays in b/w on my lcd tv. strange because it's listed as a usa proto. i could play this on my trinatron tv but i heard it aint complete anyhow. prototypes are fun and everything but when it aint a full game i xcant see myself getting into it too much. i was gonna try and patch this games video mode with paladin but it fails to modify anything.

i decided to take a proper look into the paladin tool and tried it on the premier manger 64 rom and also the dragon sword prototype. after ntsc fixing the video display the roms boot and i can see colour but the screen is very unstabble and rolling with broken graphics. the fact that there is colour there though seems positive but paladin cant fix the video to colour without breaking the display unfortunatly. i imagine someone with enough skills could make proper fixes for these titles.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 08:01 PM by butfluffy »

Offline glennplant

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 03:17 PM »
does anyone have any prototype roms with live links as when im looking online now that megaupload etc have been taken down all the links i find are dead. i have managed to get:
glover 2
tamiya / mini racers
dragon sword
40 winks
odt
robotech
toon panic

but id really love to be able to get the rest which are available....can anyone help me out :D
also check out my n64 youtube channel at www.youtube.com/glennplant my main show is the n64 magazine time capsule which always has tons of beta and project info from magazines in it!

Offline glennplant

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 11:17 PM »
thanks i really appreciate it :)

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 04:44 AM »
well i have seen the dragon sword footage being played and it is in colour. also as i said after fixing the rom along with premier manger 64 i could see colour there but the screen was messed up and rolling on my hdtv. i'm sure if dextrose and the old n64 scene was still alive we would have had more in depth video fixes for these few pal games which would work on hdtvs with no problems. why the roms were displaying in colour finally but broken was what got me curious. paladin must be breaking the roms while changing the video mode. shame there aint any new tools out to try.

Offline Gh0st

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 12:57 AM »
Hey, this is some cool stuff! If it's not too much trouble, could I have you PM me the links to all of the ROMs (All Regions, preferably).

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 03:11 AM »
@ Keith_Loving - only just read your most recent reply. i wonder why when fixed the premier manager 64 game shifted screen position. how did you fix the rom to play in colour ? whatever you done you had more success than my garbled gfx fix attempt lol.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 01:03 PM »
Hey, this is some cool stuff! If it's not too much trouble, could I have you PM me the links to all of the ROMs (All Regions, preferably).
all proto roms should be in the goodset :)

Offline Gh0st

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 01:38 AM »
Goodset? Sorry for my noobiness, what's that?

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 05:43 AM »
Goodset? Sorry for my noobiness, what's that?
goodsets are complete rom collections