Author Topic: switchable UltraCIC II for legacy ED64  (Read 100507 times)

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
    • :D
Re: switchable UltraCIC II for legacy ED64
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2015, 02:50 PM »
Europeans are too lazy to make good translations?
Really? That's what you are thinking?

Will UltraCIC II also remove the need for patchs such as Star Wars Racer and Excitebike64?

Also I have no idea why Excitebike 64 has a patch but here is the info log
http://nfopic.com/get_image.php?f=image_144044465226.png&dl

These patches are from the old copier days (v64, v64jr, cd64 dr. z64).
they are used to save on a dx256 cart or ds1.

have you even tried to save on Excitebike 64? ^^
it's working without patches on modern flashcarts since years. :>
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 04:01 PM by saturnu »

Offline welfnm

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2015, 07:00 PM »
For someone that play a retro console, you know nothing about televisions...
And stop thinking that the worlds surround you, just because you think the ntsc is better, doesn't mean it is, btw, in brazil the signal is M-pal not ntsc, and you must know, but i will say anyway, most of "brazilian manufacture" comes from other countries and are just put together like a lego here, we dont really "manufacture" a lot of thing...

I have one TV that plays PAL and NTSC and another that works with PAL-M and NTSC

I will post pictures later.

BTW: I couldn't help to notice you are brazilian. Unfortunately I was born in that country too and unfortunately I expected your monkey behavior.

Sorry to say but it's truth. Also europeans are usually very angry when someone says a simple word of truth like I said "europeans are lazy in translations".

Anyway, let's move on.

P.S: monkey behavior is due to your conclusion that I supposedly said NTSC is better while in reality I said one simple and 100% truth: playing in "60hz is better than 50hz".

So.. if I'm guilty of being egocentric by saying 60hz better than 50hz, so be it.

P.S. 2: Binary conclusions are very common in Brazil> If you say X is better than Y, then you are a egocentric.
If you say Y is better than X on other hand, then you are a lovely person.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 07:06 PM by welfnm »

Offline welfnm

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2015, 07:10 PM »

Will UltraCIC II also remove the need for patchs such as Star Wars Racer and Excitebike64?

Also I have no idea why Excitebike 64 has a patch but here is the info log
http://nfopic.com/get_image.php?f=image_144044465226.png&dl

These patches are from the old copier days (v64, v64jr, cd64 dr. z64).
they are used to save on a dx256 cart or ds1.

have you even tried to save on Excitebike 64? ^^
it's working without patches on modern flashcarts since years. :>

OK!! now I understand why there was a patch for Excitebike 64. I didn't know the difference.. that's why I said to users test them both when I uploaded some stuff.

It's saves perfectly, I almost finished the game, the last 2 medals are impossible.

I have three versions Exctibebike 64:
[!]
[f1]
[save] which I use to access  all unlocked features at start

Offline rafaelalvesals

• Hue Hue BR BR
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2015, 07:31 PM »
For someone that play a retro console, you know nothing about televisions...
And stop thinking that the worlds surround you, just because you think the ntsc is better, doesn't mean it is, btw, in brazil the signal is M-pal not ntsc, and you must know, but i will say anyway, most of "brazilian manufacture" comes from other countries and are just put together like a lego here, we dont really "manufacture" a lot of thing...

I have one TV that plays PAL and NTSC and another that works with PAL-M and NTSC

I will post pictures later.

BTW: I couldn't help to notice you are brazilian. Unfortunately I was born in that country too and unfortunately I expected your monkey behavior.

Sorry to say but it's truth. Also europeans are usually very angry when someone says a simple word of truth like I said "europeans are lazy in translations".

Anyway, let's move on.

P.S: monkey behavior is due to your conclusion that I supposedly said NTSC is better while in reality I said one simple and 100% truth: playing in "60hz is better than 50hz".

So.. if I'm guilty of being egocentric by saying 60hz better than 50hz, so be it.

P.S. 2: Binary conclusions are very common in Brazil> If you say X is better than Y, then you are a egocentric.
If you say Y is better than X on other hand, then you are a lovely person.

Offline GreatFunky

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2015, 07:57 PM »

Fortunatelly for some others... they are not so lazy to make some cool electronic stuff ,  isn't it? ;)

Offline Mosdef

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2015, 05:56 AM »
I have a AVR USBtiny ISP Bootloader, and was wondering what is the best program to upload your new binary file KRIKzz, and hopefully a small tutorial just to make it a bit easier for people to update to UltracicII.
Soldering and installing the connection is not a problem for me, but the programming gets me.
Can you or somebody help  :)

my five cents. Here is ready to use binary files and sources of UltraCIC II for EverDrive-64. saturnu's code does not work for me by some reasons, so, i modified code which i used for regular ultracic. Seems like it work even without external clock source, but cart should be updated when console turned on. Connections shown on the pics.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fdt8185a8kpjozb/AAD5y9KEp1TnSYR31TgcLJrza/everdrive-64/ultracic2?dl=0

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2015, 11:49 AM »
Actually i used avr studio 4.
You just should should choose .elf file, select mcu type and push the button (:
Also you should get power supply somewhere, i get it right from n64, but may be you will need to isolate clock pin from n64 cart bus(which is connected by wire on the photo) But in my case it working even without isolation
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 11:54 AM by KRIKzz »

Offline GreatFunky

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2015, 02:26 PM »
Just an idea krikzz..

why not trying to sell some of these chinese cic chips on your shop , considering all ed64 sold in the past and upgradable.

I suppose there will be more demand now since saturnu's UltraCIC II , some people have no skill to build one and some others are not keen to place orders on aliexpress .
Even if it's a little bit expensive than on Aliexpress, i think most of us want to support you .
I'm not an expert but that shouldn't be very different than cartrige shell's business ? ...

Offline rafaelalvesals

• Hue Hue BR BR
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2015, 03:05 PM »
Just an idea krikzz..

why not trying to sell some of these chinese cic chips on your shop , considering all ed64 sold in the past and upgradable.

I suppose there will be more demand now since saturnu's UltraCIC II , some people have no skill to build one and some others are not keen to place orders on aliexpress .
Even if it's a little bit expensive than on Aliexpress, i think most of us want to support you .
I'm not an expert but that shouldn't be very different than cartrige shell's business ? ...

I would prefer buy from krikzz than from a seller on aliexpress, krikzz have more credibility and i would be more confident about functionality of the chip  ;D

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2015, 03:10 PM »
Just an idea krikzz..

1. I think that very small amount of people has enough skill and equipment to remove old cic chip and solder new.
2. china already sell them almost for free

Offline GreatFunky

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2015, 07:50 PM »
Just an idea krikzz..

1. I think that very small amount of people has enough skill and equipment to remove old cic chip and solder new.
2. china already sell them almost for free
You're probably right ,
I buy sometimes on aliexpress , but i wasn't keen for UltraCIC , matter of principle...

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
« Reply #116 on: December 03, 2015, 10:09 AM »
If you dont wanna save the old CIC on the v2 / v2.5, it's relatively easy to desolder it, otherwise it's a pain indeed. My brother soldered the one I use now to the PCB because I first wanted to save the old one, but even he had to cut it off first then. Works nicely.

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 03, 2015, 10:15 AM »
my desolderpump for 1€ did the trick for me. :D

Offline Gh0st

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2015, 07:40 PM »
Out of curiosity, are there patches available for all of the games that have issues with a 6102? I bought my ED64 1-2 years ago, back when there was no UltraCIC, and don't want to risk damaging the board through desoldering. I have a working copy of JFG and Banjo Tooie, I was just curious as to if there were more I should be worried about. I've seen some reports of Star Wars Pod Racer and DK64 having issues, were those reports confirmed?

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 03, 2015, 08:58 PM »
Yes, there are patches for every game but Banjo Tooie PAL.