Author Topic: SNES PAL into 60 Hz like new firmware version?  (Read 630 times)

Offline Brutapode89

• View Profile
SNES PAL into 60 Hz like new firmware version?
« on: April 18, 2021, 02:19 PM »
Hi guys. As we can't select 60 Hz in sd2snes options on PAL SNES. To avoid modify the console when we have a sd2snes cartridge, can we make a new firmware version to have the possibility to select 60 Hz in sd2snes options on PAL SNES, please? Thanks.

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
Re: SNES PAL into 60 Hz like new firmware version?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 02:37 PM »
Impossible. The SNES is hardware locked to PAL/NTSC by different clocks used inside. Software can't change that unless you have a switchless mod.

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 11:19 PM »
Hi guys. As we can't select 60 Hz in sd2snes options on PAL SNES. To avoid modify the console when we have a sd2snes cartridge, can we make a new firmware version to have the possibility to select 60 Hz in sd2snes options on PAL SNES, please? Thanks.

Actually it can be selected in the options being 50/60hz but the problem is it will always be capped at 50hz even when changed, this is weird as some games tend to utilize a 60hz mode for certain games but usually it will always be capped to 16:9 which these days isn't too bad as most TV's are widescreen to begin with but yeah back then on a 4:3 it can be a pain. What is more hilarious is a lot of Plug and plays oddly supported 60hz even those famiclones but the SD2 can't change the screen display on a read hardware. It's such a shame nothing could change it to this day as plug and plays never had this issue likely as they didn't contain proper parts and emulated.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 04:38 PM »
Almost nothing you said is true, and dreimer is entirely correct.

Besides those plug and plays are consoles and not flashcarts, so there is no reason to compare them to one. You might as well say that it's a shame that a toaster can't do vacuum cleaning because the toaster is "emulating" its heater functionality while the vacuum cleaner is using "proper parts".