General > EverDrive GBA

Save files and transferring (EDX5 vs Omega DE)

(1/4) > >>

Galron:
Is there anyway to convert save files from the Ever Drive to work in the Omega Definitive Edition?

The X5 uses 'eep', 'srm', and 'fla' in the "SAVE" folder in the GBASYS folder.

While Omega DE uses SAVER folder and uses what it calls "esv" & "sav" files. Don't know if there are other variations, as I haven't tested across all GBA games or various save type options.

Shadow666:

--- Quote from: Galron on May 27, 2021, 09:05 PM ---Is there anyway to convert save files from the Ever Drive to work in the Omega Definitive Edition?

While Omega DE uses SAVER folder and uses what it calls "esv" & "sav" files. Don't know if there are other variations, as I haven't tested across all GBA games or various save type options.

--- End quote ---

just rename them to .sav

Galron:

--- Quote from: Shadow666 on May 28, 2021, 05:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: Galron on May 27, 2021, 09:05 PM ---Is there anyway to convert save files from the Ever Drive to work in the Omega Definitive Edition?

--- End quote ---

just rename them to .sav

--- End quote ---

Thanks that seems to fix 80% of the problems...

What about games that X5 splits the saves between two different files? Like for example Super Mario 3 Advance seems to have one save for the main game that's in FLA, and the secondary save for the bonus levels saves (that's in SRM). As both files are the 'same name' you can't just rename the extensions.... 

ODE seems to only make 'one save' for both modes, merging the data into one file.

Is there a way to merge files for games that split saves like this?

Shadow666:

--- Quote from: Galron on May 29, 2021, 07:23 AM ---

--- End quote ---

just rename them to .sav

--- End quote ---

What about games that X5 splits the saves between two different files? Like for example Super Mario 3 Advance seems to have one save for the main game that's in FLA, and the secondary save for the bonus levels saves (that's in SRM). As both files are the 'same name' you can't just rename the extensions.... 

ODE seems to only make 'one save' for both modes, merging the data into one file.

--- End quote ---

Well idk maybe just ignore the arcade mario games on these games?

Galron:

--- Quote from: Shadow666 on May 29, 2021, 07:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: Galron on May 29, 2021, 07:23 AM ---

--- End quote ---

just rename them to .sav

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Well idk maybe just ignore the arcade mario games on these games?

--- End quote ---

Don't really care about the arcade mario mode... Was talking about the Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Advance 3 Extra Levels mode. IE, the mode that had extra levels due to 'e-reader' cards, or if you have the Wii-U edition rom, hacked with all the levels already in it... The second save kept track of your finished levels/collectables. Also if you had the p-switches cards turned on, or any extra items you might have added via cards to that mode.

Seems that I'd just have to 'start' over on the mode, but I'd probably be unable to figure out how to 'hack' the items/pswitch effects back into the save file like I had done with original saves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version