Author Topic: Everdrive N8 Pro Issue  (Read 345 times)

Offline GameandGrogBar

• View Profile
Everdrive N8 Pro Issue
« on: June 10, 2021, 03:43 PM »
Hey all,

I recently ordered a few Everdrive units for my gaming bar, so that customers could have full access to our library of games without having to come to the bar to swap.
SNES and N64 carts work great and customers love them, but I'm having some issues with getting the N8 Pros working. Been at this a few days and I'm stumped.

I originally had Classiq II HD consoles, but when I found out they were incompatible with the N8 Pros I exchanged them for Retron 2 HD systems with my local game store.
It's what they had on hand, and according to forum posts the N8 Pro works on this console.

On the Classiq, the screen would load as a blue screen, which could not be changed by resetting/ formatting sd card/ etc.

On the Retron 2 HD, I am getting a similar but much stranger issue: The cart loads up with the blue screen, like the Classiq II HD.
If the reset button is pressed, it loads a black screen with white letter A's on it repeating over and over. (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA) Strange.
I have no idea where to go from here. I've tried formatting SD cards, the 5-7 reset button trick, all different versions of the N8 Pro OS, no sd card inserted,
4 different N8 Pro carts, etc. Same thing happens every time: Blue screen, reset, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
The SD cards I'm using are a cheap brand, Cloudisk: They work fine on the N64 and SNES Everdrives, so I don't believe they are the issue here, but i could be mistaken.

Any tips for getting these N8 Pros to work on the Retron 2 HD consoles? If not, is there another aftermarket SNES and NES combo system that you would recommend?
I want customers to be able to swap between NES and SNES at their convenience without having to move to a different retro station.
I'm also hoping to still be able to hook up to HDMI, so any of the HD systems are preferable (The Y/R/W ports on my wall mounted retro gaming bar tv's are in an awkward spot:
Drunk customers could accidently easily rip them out and it'd be a royal pain to get them back in.)

Thanks in advance :)