Author Topic: Moving EZ Flash Omega "sav" file to Everdrive, having problems with Pokemon...  (Read 1786 times)

Offline meego

• View Profile
I managed to move a Final Fantasy save by simply changing the extension , however I cant figure out how to do this with Pokemon Emerald, my EZ Flash Omega save file has a "sav" extension. When I created a sav in Everdrive it didn't create a save file, I dont know how its saving but there appears to be no file on Everdrive, i search all hidden files and folders and there is nothing, but it still saves. The save type for emerald on everdrive gba is "Flash128" When I move over my "sav" file from Omega into the save file folder, nothing happens. If i change the save type on everdrive nothing happens. Any advice??

Offline nuu

• View Profile
You shouldn't change the save type on the game. That's only if the Everdrive is unable to figure out what save type a game is using and saving doesn't work. If you force the wrong save type it won't be able to save.

Just change your "sav" file to whatever extension the Everdrive uses for Flash128 save files. If you are not sure what the extension is, start the game on the Everdrive and see what save file it creates. You need to load another game on the EDGBA before it will copy the save file to the SD card, and to flush the save memory. Rename your own save file to match this new file, both filename and extension, then delete the new file and copy your own file to the SD card. Make sure you don't load up Pokemon again until you have deleted the new save file and copied your own to the SD card. Otherwise the new file will still be in save memory and overwrite your own save file next time you load another game.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 04:30 PM by nuu »

Offline meego

• View Profile
I did exactly what you said, and yes after playing a couple games it finally created the sav file "fla" extension. I replaced it with my old "Pokemon - Emerald Version.sav" file but changed the file extension, however when I loaded the game on Everdrive there was no save , just a "new game option" I should also add I found a "Pokemon - Emerald Version.rts" file ALSO in my old Omega folder, i don't know if that might be relevant.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Does the save's filename match the rom's filename exactly, except from the "fla" extension?
Does the save file load in an emulator?

I don't know what the the "rts" file is, but I would guess it's some rom-related settings that Omega uses (for saving information on what save type you are forcing or patches and other things). You probably don't need it for the game.

Offline meego

• View Profile
Yes tested it on an emulator, took the file "Pokemon - Emerald Version.SAV" and replaced the "Pokemon - Emerald Version.fla" file inside the everdrive. cut and pasted "Pokemon - Emerald Version.fla" over the old file to be certain, still get a "new game" option when i boot the game. I did it one more time to be certain. For whatever reason, this doesnt work. Like i said earlier, I was able to do this method with Final Fantasy VI but in that case it was an EEP file, that game works fine. Appreciate you trying to help none the less

here's the   Pokemon sav file - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cS8Pavq_6av2WcJVQCqo-XIHnf-OvM1z/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 12:11 AM by meego »

Offline dav3yb

• View Profile
Give this a try:

Put pokemon emerald rom onto the everdrive, start a new game, and save.  Then, load up a different game on the everdrive.  Then overwrite the emerald save with your own, making sure the text matches and extension is correct. 

Then load emerald again and see if the save is there. 

Offline nuu

• View Profile
That's exactly what I said earlier.

The save file appears to be some kind of no$GBA SRAM save file format, and only 6kB.
Are you sure it works in an emulator? Which emulator did you test it with?

Offline meego

• View Profile
woops, im an idiot, i uploaded the nogba save

this is the regular Ez Flash Omega sav https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cS8Pavq_6av2WcJVQCqo-XIHnf-OvM1z/view?usp=sharing

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
Don't see the problem

Offline meego

• View Profile
ok, i dont know what i did , but i tried it one more time and it finally worked. I literally have no idea why it didnt work in the past or why it worked now. welp, I appreciate anyone who replied regardless.