General > EverDrive GB

Everdrive GB x7 does not work in my GBC

(1/3) > >>

Cluny:
Hi,

I recently purchased an Everdrive GB x7 and set it up. However when I select and start any rom on my Gameboy Color the system gives me either a white or black screen (sometimes even a garbled screen) and freezes. The GBC is totally stock, unmodded. I am using fresh batteries. The cart says it’s Rev.c and I purchased it from Krikkz website.

The cart seems to operate fine on my GBA so it doesnt seem to be a problem with the roms.

Any ideas on what I could do to resolve this issue?

orangeglo:
Have you run the diagnostics from the menu while plugged into the GBC? That might help reveal if there is an issue with the cart.

Does the GBC work fine with regular games?

When it tries to load the ROM, does the power led get very dim? Sometimes the power switches in these old consoles can get very dirty, causing weird power issues. The EverDrive draws much more power than a normal cart, and probably draws the most when it's loading a ROM if I had to guess.

Hope you resolve your issue!

Cluny:

--- Quote from: orangeglo on January 13, 2021, 03:17 AM ---Have you run the diagnostics from the menu while plugged into the GBC? That might help reveal if there is an issue with the cart.

Does the GBC work fine with regular games?

When it tries to load the ROM, does the power led get very dim? Sometimes the power switches in these old consoles can get very dirty, causing weird power issues. The EverDrive draws much more power than a normal cart, and probably draws the most when it's loading a ROM if I had to guess.

Hope you resolve your issue!

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your reply,

I ran the diagnostics and it seems to have all passed fine.

It does work fine with regular games, my copy of Links Awakening boots fine. When I attempt to load  a rom the GBC power LED stays solid, but the led on the cart turns off,  not sure if that means anything.

Richardragon87:
Their seems to be a certain version of the GBC revision that the GB X7 cannot run on, which seems to also be linked to the AGS-101 that uses the same system as it. The 001 can work fine with the X7 but the 101 just resets constantly.

dreimer:
Do you have another GBC reachable? Did you try a PSU for power?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version