General > Mega EverDrive

Request for MD+ sound patches.

(1/3) > >>

jerrymh:
Hello, I would like to know if there are plans to support MD + sound rom hacks, since I have been looking for MSU patches but there are really very few, most of them are made for MD +. The only person who is working on MSU patches is Mr. ArcadeTV and the vast majority are in MD + format. It is frustrating not being able to use all those patches.

Relikk:
The opposite would be true as the vast majority of patches available are MSU-MD, but most of them are pretty much untested and in a pre-release state. You can get them at ArcadeTV's GitHub.

Krikzz has stated before he's not interested in implementing MD+ for his cart, which is a shame really. It's an open standard and clearly the better of the two where having an Everdrive Pro or a  MegaSD is concerned. Seamless looping of audio is important as MSU1 set the standard and results in a 50% reduction in audio file sizes most of the time, also the code needed for patching is miniscule compared to MSU-MD and can be an important factor where ROM space is concerned (e.g. Xeno Crisis).

MSU-MD has its place, but really only for people who don't have a Pro. Using anything other than MD+ for an ODE capable flash cart such as the Pro and the MegaSD makes no sense.

jerrymh:

--- Quote from: Relikk on May 07, 2021, 01:38 PM ---The opposite would be true as the vast majority of patches available are MSU-MD, but most of them are pretty much untested and in a pre-release state. You can get them at ArcadeTV's GitHub.

Krikzz has stated before he's not interested in implementing MD+ for his cart, which is a shame really. It's an open standard and clearly the better of the two where having an Everdrive Pro or a  MegaSD is concerned. Seamless looping of audio is important as MSU1 set the standard and results in a 50% reduction in audio file sizes most of the time, also the code needed for patching is miniscule compared to MSU-MD and can be an important factor where ROM space is concerned (e.g. Xeno Crisis).

MSU-MD has its place, but really only for people who don't have a Pro. Using anything other than MD+ for an ODE capable flash cart such as the Pro and the MegaSD makes no sense.

--- End quote ---
Is sad that Krikzz do not wanto make support for MD+, but the MegaSD developers says tha if MSU becomes mor popular, they would be willing to support the MSU format.
I see the site of Arcade TV and even help me to do the target heart, Langrisser 1 and 2 patches, I help with the OST for them, but it seems to me that it is a lot of work just for him, I don't see that someone else is doing patches with MSU support.

lee4:
MD+ format not compatible with Real Sega / Mega CD system

Real Sega / Mega CD system already supports MSU-MD since 1991

Emulator like Kega Fusion already supports MSU-MD since 2005

commercial sold game like Pier Solar already uses MSU-MD since 2015

technically MegaSD should already supports MSU-MD, if MegaSD support Sega CD Mode 1

Just google "Sega CD Mode 1" for more information about MSU-MD

Relikk:

--- Quote from: jerrymh on May 08, 2021, 08:22 AM ---Is sad that Krikzz do not wanto make support for MD+, but the MegaSD developers says tha if MSU becomes mor popular, they would be willing to support the MSU format.
--- End quote ---

I don't know where you got that from, but the MegaSD already supports MSU-MD and always has.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version