Author Topic: FPGA reboot... on EXEQ GameBox clone.  (Read 5141 times)

Offline capo

• View Profile
FPGA reboot... on EXEQ GameBox clone.
« on: September 25, 2017, 01:25 PM »
Finally got the everdrive today and it's working perfectly fine with my Game Boy Advance. 

But I also have this clone hardware called EXEQ GameBox and it's not booted as gba does. 

"FPGA reboot..." message was on the screen after I turned it on and nothing happened. I tried both samsung and sandisk micro sd cards, but the results were same.

I tried without sd card, then I could see this bootloader screen with "ERROR: C2 - SD card not found" message, same as I could see on the gba.

Since this gamebox has backlit but gba doesn't, I'd like to play games with this clone. Is there any way to fix the problem, or It's just impossible to use everdrive on GBA hardware clones?

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
Re: FPGA reboot... on EXEQ GameBox clone.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 03:05 PM »
Finally got the everdrive today and it's working perfectly fine with my Game Boy Advance. 

But I also have this clone hardware called EXEQ GameBox and it's not booted as gba does. 

"FPGA reboot..." message was on the screen after I turned it on and nothing happened. I tried both samsung and sandisk micro sd cards, but the results were same.

I tried without sd card, then I could see this bootloader screen with "ERROR: C2 - SD card not found" message, same as I could see on the gba.

Since this gamebox has backlit but gba doesn't, I'd like to play games with this clone. Is there any way to fix the problem, or It's just impossible to use everdrive on GBA hardware clones?

to solve this buy a AGS-101

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 06:07 AM »
You can use the Everdrive on the Revo K101
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5139.msg39228#msg39228
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline cleberregisdosanjos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 01:41 AM »
Krikzz good night I bought an GBA x5 everdrive but he gives the message FPGA reboot ... It is already with the latest version of the software and firmware I am using it in a portable retroduo with super retro advance adapter I also have a Chinese ad adapter and the same message can you help me? I have also tested with various memory cards 2gb 4gb 8gb and 16gb SanDisk and kingston and generics without marks await response thanks.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 01:44 AM by cleberregisdosanjos »

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 04:52 AM »
Krikzz good night I bought an GBA x5 everdrive but he gives the message FPGA reboot ... It is already with the latest version of the software and firmware I am using it in a portable retroduo with super retro advance adapter I also have a Chinese ad adapter and the same message can you help me? I have also tested with various memory cards 2gb 4gb 8gb and 16gb SanDisk and kingston and generics without marks await response thanks.

try it in a real GBA/GBASP/GBAMicro/Gamecube Gameboy Player

Offline Rockslam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 02:19 AM »
I'm also having this problem, but it's with Super Retro Advance. It does not leave the message FPGA Reboot too and is described in the ad that runs but here did not run.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 05:50 AM »
Unfortunately you can never know how the chinese are making their clones nowadays (GBA on a chip or emulation)
Sometimes the products have the same shell and name but the internals are different.

I'm also having this problem, but it's with Super Retro Advance. It does not leave the message FPGA Reboot too and is described in the ad that runs but here did not run.

Can you borrow another Super retro advance? how does the Everdrive work with original systems?
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline Rockslam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 01:26 AM »
Yes, working perfect on my GBA SP 101. I discovered that there are two revisions of Super Retro Advance, 1.0 and 1.3. Mine is 1.0, and Gamejoy Japan is the same card with version 1.0. I only discovered that it has 1.3 because I saw a photo on the net that I can not remember where I found it. Unfortunately that's it.