Author Topic: Burn PC engine CD Games  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Karanga

• View Profile
Burn PC engine CD Games
« on: March 20, 2021, 04:08 PM »
Hello good morning, I'm trying to burn pc engine games on CD-R discs, When it comes to burning them, I add the .cue and .iso,
In this way:

Please help  :'(

I burn with the IMG Burn program, I can't get any games to work. There's also one thing I'd like to ask, is it normal for altered beast to get stuck when I become a wolf a little later? I stay in a place, Where my character moves, But the camera does not, I can not advance... A greeting and thanks

PD: I have CdRom2 System.
PD: I've seen other guides, but I didn't understand anything. If you can help me, I'd appreciate it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 04:44 PM by Karanga »

Offline SiberianSpForces

• View Profile
Re: Burn PC engine CD Games
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 02:15 AM »
Try burning on the slowest speed and see what happens. I have burned a couple and they work, but it's been so long I don't remember what I did or used. Ideally the burn speed would be 2x, but that requires hunting down an old drive.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 02:18 AM by SiberianSpForces »

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 02:01 PM »
The quality of the CD is more important in my experience with this. Ideally they should also be the old size 600MB instead of 700MB, because PC Engine uses old CD drives. The disc images should be 1:1 dumps from the redump group for example. Not that MP3 crap.
The old method to burn that people used was to mount the disc image in Daemontools and burn it using Clone CD. But Daemontools is full of viruses nowdays. I think just using IMGBurn should be fine.

The best CD drives are in the Duo R and Duo RX. The other drives may have problems with CD-R discs.

No the screen should continue to scroll even when turning into a Wolf. It only stops when you reach the boss.
Altered Beast is known to have problems with CD system cards later than v1.0.

Offline SiberianSpForces

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 05:16 PM »
They are in storage, but I got a stack of blank cds that are a recommend brand from someone on the old tg16/duo forums.

Offline Karanga

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 11:04 PM »
Good morning everyone, I managed to burn CDs, but I have bad news, My CDROM2 reader is dead.  When it comes to reading, the lens "clack, clack", the lens touching the disc and does not read the discs. Thank you very much anyway. If anyone knows any solution to this problem, please tell me. Thank you very much and a greeting :C

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 01:53 PM »
Which model is it? Does this happen with normal CD games or only with burned CD-R?
The lens arm can get stuck when reading discs. Especially if they are the modern denser 700MB discs.

Duo R/RX takes about anything, but it can take some time for it to read a burned disc, as it will fail and retry many times until it succeeds reading a section.

Offline Karanga

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 08:25 PM »
Good morning, It is a CDROM2, My reader does with the lens... (Clack)  (2 seconds and "clack) He doesn't read the records. Since he won't turn. Previously, a day ago it worked perfectly. But it's still working all the time. The discs are 700MB, but I've checked them out and they're perfect.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2021, 09:09 AM »
So you probably have the suitcase setup. It's known to have problems with burned discs in general. How do you know the discs are "perfect"? 700MB discs are more dense and are harder to read for old disc drives.
If the disc doesn't spin it might be something wrong with the spinning mechanics. The cogs maybe? Or maybe the arm got stuck.
Do official games also have problems?