Author Topic: Sega cd games not working on mega everdrive pro  (Read 1361 times)

Offline segdolack

• View Profile
Sega cd games not working on mega everdrive pro
« on: January 05, 2021, 12:18 PM »
Genesis games run fine and the diagnostics say everything is ok but sega cd games don't work.  The boot into bios freezing before going into the game with checking disc message.

I tried using different bios and sd cards but they all give the same problem. The rom is in bin + cue format and work fine on emulators. The sd cards were formatted to exfat format. One of them was 256gb samsung evo select and 400gb sandisk ultra. The genesis is us model 1.

Offline zaphro72

• View Profile
Re: Sega cd games not working on mega everdrive pro
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 05:06 PM »
Genesis games run fine and the diagnostics say everything is ok but sega cd games don't work.  The boot into bios freezing before going into the game with checking disc message.

I tried using different bios and sd cards but they all give the same problem. The rom is in bin + cue format and work fine on emulators. The sd cards were formatted to exfat format. One of them was 256gb samsung evo select and 400gb sandisk ultra. The genesis is us model 1.

How long do you wait after it hits the bios screen? I know with mine on US games it looks like it has frozen then after a few additional seconds it boots into the game. Also just checking that you have the bin+cue in its own folder.

Offline segdolack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 01:20 AM »
I left running for couple minutes but it just stays on the bios screen. And yes I have bin+cue files in their own folders for each of the games

Offline segdolack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 06:06 AM »
The problem was the ac adapter. I had one that didn't supply enough power.

Offline delete_this

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 07:36 PM »
Which one were you using, and which one did you replace it with? I'm having similar issues, but I'm not entirely sure if I have a reputable enough power supply...

Offline farleftshark

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 12:41 AM »
I am having basically the same issue.  Any guidance as to what power supply you changed to?