Author Topic: Sega Nomad Mega Everdrive Pro Only 1 Channel of Audio  (Read 580 times)

Offline Lance1601

• View Profile
I have a Mega Everdrive Pro I use with a Sega Nomad. I have an audio bypass (not triple bypass) installed to have CD audio on the Nomad. On Genesis ROMs, only 1 channel of audio plays on the Nomad. When I insert the original cartridge of the same ROM into the Nomad, audio is fine. When I put the Everdrive into a Genesis, everything is fine. Why is there only 1 channel of audio when the Everdrive is in the Nomad?

I did some testing later on, and realized that sometimes when you power on the Everdrive it will boot stereo sound. Sometimes, it's missing the right channel.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 01:02 PM by Lance1601 »

Offline C0rthax

• View Profile
Re: Sega Nomad Mega Everdrive Pro Only 1 Channel of Audio
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 08:05 PM »
I have CD Audio mod on Nomad (also SMS), and it works fine with stereo sound for both CD and Genesis games.
Mod is simple connecting cart pins to audio chip, no bypass.
Maybe some hw issue?
A really bad programmer :-\

Offline Lance1601

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 12:36 AM »
So you went straight from chip to pins? Another thing I noticed is that my right channel is VERY quiet instead of missing. But, that's not every time I boot the Everdrive. Sometimes it's fine.

Offline C0rthax

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 01:21 AM »
This one https://twitter.com/A3rgan/status/1183858036693229574
By two resistors and caps, directly into audio mixer chip.
A really bad programmer :-\

Offline Lance1601

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2021, 01:12 AM »
That fixed it! The wire I had attached to pin 20 (per the eBay instructions BTW) I moved to pin 24. So far, so good. The eBay board I purchased is about $20. It's a tiny board. I'll let the seller know what I found. Thank you.