Author Topic: New fxpak pro video issues  (Read 692 times)

Offline Leviathan024

• View Profile
New fxpak pro video issues
« on: January 18, 2021, 12:23 AM »
Hello,
I just received a new fxpak pro from stoneagegamer. I am getting graphical glitches and distorted colors during gameplay and browsing the menu. I have tried a 4gb and 64gb SD card formatted to fat32, 2 different snes units and the 2 most recent firmware versions. I have made sure no roms are in the sd2snes folder and I have tried only having 1 single rom on the SD card.  I also own a older sd2snes and everything works fine on that unit. Any ideas?

Offline Leviathan024

• View Profile
Re: New fxpak pro video issues
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 03:50 AM »
So I got a 3rd snes from a friend and it works fine on his console. I cleaned the cartridge slot and pins with no effect. I tried multiple power and video cable including a s-video one. The strange thing is my old sd2snes works fine on all 3 systems. What gives?

Offline zaphro72

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 05:18 PM »
So I got a 3rd snes from a friend and it works fine on his console. I cleaned the cartridge slot and pins with no effect. I tried multiple power and video cable including a s-video one. The strange thing is my old sd2snes works fine on all 3 systems. What gives?

Did you try the covering the end pins on the cartridge? I can't remember what issue that was meant to solve but I know for some people if they covered certain pins it fixed an issue.

Offline Leviathan024

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 05:52 PM »
Interesting. I will look into it. It just seems strange that the older cartridge works flawlessly on all systems

Offline zaphro72

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 06:14 PM »
Interesting. I will look into it. It just seems strange that the older cartridge works flawlessly on all systems
https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=10548.msg78778#msg78778

This is the thread I found that mentions it. No idea if it will help with your issue.