Author Topic: Why so hard?  (Read 5943 times)

Offline Yardley

• View Profile
Why so hard?
« on: August 14, 2018, 07:36 AM »
I've been trying to figure out if the EverDrive N8 has the ability to reset back to the game selection menu for the last 15 minutes and I can't find a straight answer. Can someone please clarify this? There really should be a master list where all of the in game hooks for the different cartridges are laid out, it's a little ridiculous that this simple information is so scattered.

Offline Yardley

• View Profile
Re: Why so hard?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 07:05 PM »
34 views and no replies?

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 07:38 PM »
There is an option in settings of the N8 to switch to RESET TO GAME (which will act as a reset in the game itself, powering down is the only way to get back to the menu) and RESET TO MENU which will reset the game back to the N8's menu. I'm not 100%, but I beleive that all games work fine either way. If not, then you can toggle it to RESET TO GAME to have it simulate a real in-game reset.

Offline EchopleX420247

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 10:50 PM »
I've been trying to figure out if the EverDrive N8 has the ability to reset back to the game selection menu for the last 15 minutes and I can't find a straight answer. Can someone please clarify this? There really should be a master list where all of the in game hooks for the different cartridges are laid out, it's a little ridiculous that this simple information is so scattered.

Unlike other flashcarts, I don’t believe the N8 has in game hooks to reset to game selection menu.  The only options you have is to turn off Game Reset and use reset button to get back to game selection menu or you can leave it on and hold the reset button for a few seconds and the game selection menu will come up.  Hope this helps.

Offline Yardley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 11:22 PM »
There is an option in settings of the N8 to switch to RESET TO GAME (which will act as a reset in the game itself, powering down is the only way to get back to the menu) and RESET TO MENU which will reset the game back to the N8's menu. I'm not 100%, but I beleive that all games work fine either way. If not, then you can toggle it to RESET TO GAME to have it simulate a real in-game reset.

Thanks, I see RESET TO GAME in the options but there is no RESET TO GAME.

Unlike other flashcarts, I don’t believe the N8 has in game hooks to reset to game selection menu.  The only options you have is to turn off Game Reset and use reset button to get back to game selection menu or you can leave it on and hold the reset button for a few seconds and the game selection menu will come up.  Hope this helps.

Thanks that's what I was looking for. Do you guys know how save states work with the SD2SNES? Haven't gotten a clear answer on that. Are the save states only supported through the actual game's save system or can one save at any point like an emulator?

Offline EchopleX420247

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 11:30 PM »
SD2SNES doesn’t support save states.

Offline Yardley

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 01:18 AM »
SD2SNES doesn’t support save states.

Thanks

Offline Svin83

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 03:38 AM »
I'm sorry, but this is wrong. The EDN8 Does indeed support save states, but only in for games using certain mappers, and only if you have the right firmware...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGfuOjdanA4

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 10:21 PM »
While the Everdrive N8 itself doesn't allow resetting back to it's game menu I just want to let you know Yardley that if this feature is very important to you, you can still have it.

The catch?

You're going to have to either get your NES modded with Kevtris's Hi Def NES board, buy an Analog NT mini or a Retro AVS.  :P
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.

Offline opt2not

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2018, 11:38 PM »
I'm so hard right now.  ;D

Oh wait, the thread title confused me. lol

Offline EchopleX420247

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 02:27 AM »
I'm sorry, but this is wrong. The EDN8 Does indeed support save states, but only in for games using certain mappers, and only if you have the right firmware...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGfuOjdanA4

He was asking about the SD2SNES save states and not the EDN8.

Offline Yardley

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 05:26 PM »
While the Everdrive N8 itself doesn't allow resetting back to it's game menu I just want to let you know Yardley that if this feature is very important to you, you can still have it.

The catch?

You're going to have to either get your NES modded with Kevtris's Hi Def NES board, buy an Analog NT mini or a Retro AVS.  :P

It's only important if it was available on the N8 and I didn't know how to use it. I now know it is not, although it would be nice to have.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2018, 12:42 AM »
I'm so hard right now.  ;D

Oh wait, the thread title confused me. lol
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline Odin Belmont

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2018, 04:52 PM »
The RetroUSB lets you reset back to the main screen.

Offline OneBagTravel

• Sony KV-20FV300
  • Has the Perrier gone straight to my head?
    • View Profile
    • OneBagTravel.com
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2018, 05:25 PM »
I'm a big fan of the SD2SNES reset function. Press the reset button once and you reset the game, hold the rest button for 3 seconds and it resets to the OS menu. Anyway I can set this up for the N8?
Travel light & smart. SFC using HD Retrovision component cables.