Author Topic: Uploading Different SEGA CD BIOS Files **Updated**  (Read 987 times)

Offline CrashOvrRide

• View Profile
Uploading Different SEGA CD BIOS Files **Updated**
« on: November 23, 2020, 09:05 PM »
So after playing with the Mega ED Pro for hours trying to figure out how to install BIOS and making it work with my ROMs, I finally got it working last night! :D

My question is, the site I found my BIOS files has about 12 different BIOS files for three different regions (US, EU, JP).

When I install the BIOS files onto the ED Pro, I can only have one file named "mcd-us" "mcd-eu" "mcd-jp" even though I have 5 different "us" BIOS files. & 2-3 different eu & jp versions. This means I can only run one BIOS file at a time, which is fine once I figure out which BIOS file will work with the game I want to run BUT if I switch ROMs, what happens if this other "us" ROM (for example) needs one of the other 5 BIOS versions?

Do I have to uninstall and re-install each applicable BIOS each time I switch games? Or should there be one BIOS version that runs all "us" ROMs? Or is there a way I can upload all BIOS versions at once without getting the "same name found" error on my computer?

Thanks for the help, my first successful ROM was Night Trap and it ran great, fyi :)

***UPDATE***

Was able to find out each different type of BIOS was for different generations of the console (Type 1, 2 etc) and the others were just updated versions of the same type.

The "us", "eu" and "jp" BIOS all seem to be working without any issues on all ROMs I've tested. Thanks for this awesome product (ED Pro), Krizz!! :D
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 01:58 AM by CrashOvrRide »

Offline zaphro72

• View Profile
Re: Uploading Different SEGA CD BIOS Files
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 09:29 PM »
Are there any Sega CD games that aren't compatible with a specific BIOS revision for the region the game is from?

I was under the impression that as long as any US version was used for a US game, any European version used for a European game and any Japanese version used for a Japanese game it didn't matter what version of the BIOS was used.

Offline CrashOvrRide

• View Profile
Re: Uploading Different SEGA CD BIOS Files
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 09:36 PM »
Apparently so. I was using one version of the "us" BIOS file and it would get stuck on the SEGA CD loading screen (for Night Trap), uploaded a different BIOS file and the game worked just fine.

I'm in the process of downloading more ROMs, so I am curious as to if I would need to switch out BIOS files for different games of the same region.. I hope that's not the case, lol.