Author Topic: N8 testing with Analogue NT  (Read 81933 times)

Offline flamepanther

• View Profile
Re: N8 testing with Analogue NT
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2016, 07:45 PM »
It's a one year warranty. I got mine in March.

Offline Jincman

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2016, 12:00 AM »
Just curious ... does any one have game reset issues or locking on a V2 Analogue NT that DOESN'T have the HDMI upgrade?

I want to pick this subject up again. I have a V2 and it is pretty hard for me to replicate issues ... but I still get the occasional game reset.

Offline Svengoboom

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2017, 02:33 AM »
I'm interested in hearing more feedback from others as well. I've got a first run NT ans see many of the issues described here using v13 and 14. Are the majority of issues seen with the 1st run NT with HDMI? Can they be replicated in the second run reliably as well?

Offline hunterk

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2017, 05:50 PM »
There's a cluster of issues, some of which are/were related to the HiDefNES board but have been cleared up with firmware updates on both ends, AFAIK. The remaining issues are related to the Nt itself, apparently, as they occur with both HiDefNES and NESRGB output and both gen 1 and gen 2 Nts.

Offline Svengoboom

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2017, 07:01 PM »
Good to know.

I also hear that the issues don't occur when using a Powerpack cart is that the case? I've got several different Everdrive carts (mega-everdrive, turbo-everdrive, .....) and I really like them but even with the latest hi-def NES and N8 firmware quite a few games are not very playable.

Offline hunterk

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2017, 08:22 PM »
Yes, PowerPak is unaffected.

This is a squirrely issue that no one has been able to pin down, but I've stopped using my N8 with my Nt so I don't have to worry about which games work and which don't. Now, I use my N8 with my AVS and my Nt is on full-time FDS duty with an FDSStick and FDS RAM adapter.

The N8 and Nt are both great products, just not together :P

Offline Svengoboom

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2017, 04:45 AM »
Oh well, a little disappointing but not totally unexpected when dealing with stuff like this. I may shelve the N8 until hopefully the issues can be worked out or I decide on other options.

Thanks for the replies  :D

Offline flamepanther

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2017, 09:31 PM »
My Nt actually will freeze up on some games using the Powerpak, which don't freeze when playing the original carts. It's very reminiscent of the N8/Nt issues, except that the Powerpak only has the issue when using certain HiDefNES despeckle settings.

Offline flamepanther

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2017, 11:59 PM »
So this is interesting. I just received a replacement N8, since switching to NES style will work better with my front-loading NES, even if can't use it with the Nt.

But it seems I can.

I just played Super Mario Bros 2 (USA) for an hour. No freezing or glitches. Flawless. I dunno whether there's just enough difference in the circuit boards, or maybe my Nt's Famicom slot is just more susceptible to whatever is causing issues. Either way, switching to the NES version seems to fix it in my case.

Offline gearheadtocz

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2017, 07:50 AM »
I also am having issues with my famicom N8 used in my 2nd run HDMI analogue NT.
Super Mario 2 will always freeze when using the N8 (v1.3) in the famicom slot.
Hearing that you don't have issues with your replacement NES version N8 I tried to use my Famicom N8 with an adapter in the nes slot of my Alanogue NT. (The adapter is modified to work with all nes carts)
Super Mario 2 Still froze within a few mins no matter what slot my everdrive was in so maybe the new revision everdrive N8 does not have the issue?

Offline flamepanther

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2017, 09:28 PM »
That's a good question. Unfortunately I have no way to test that. Have you tried changing your despeckle settings?

I actually kept playing SMB2 USA for a couple more hours after my last post (I hadn't turned it off). It never froze. I played a few other games on it yesterday and none of them gave any trouble.

Offline gearheadtocz

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2017, 11:57 PM »
No, I haven't used any of the despeckle settings yet.
We're you able to exchange your everdrive for the newer version or did you just purchase a new one and resell the older famicom version?

Offline flamepanther

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2017, 07:35 PM »
I was able to exchange mine, but not for the Nt issues, since this isn't guaranteed to fix those. I was advised to use a different console to address that instead. However, since I already have a 72-pin front loading NES--which is guaranteed to work with Everdrive, but for which I'd rather not use a cumbersome adaptor--I was allowed to do the exchange for that.

I do recommend trying different despeckle settings. I had trouble getting my Powerpak to work until I did that.

Offline gearheadtocz

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2017, 10:47 PM »
Thank you very much for the info!

Offline brandonx76

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2017, 10:40 PM »
Hey all,

Has anyone reported a situation similar to me?

I have two EverDrives,  one famicom form , and the other , NES style.

I also have 2 analogue NTs.  One is a first run analogue nt, and the other is a second run analogue nt mini

My analogue NT gen 1 hdmi ,  crashes (was playing contra) after about 15 mins,with famicom everdrive. 

My NES EverDrive does not crash so far,  after several long play sessions on the same system.

The same famicom EverDrive plays fine on my brand new (second run) Analogue NT mini.

I need to do more testing and confirm firmware versions for all, but thought this was interesting to note

Any info appreciated & Happy gaming

- Brandon