Poll

Would you like me to consentrate on

ironing out the bugs with the current version
11 (44%)
start on a new user interface
14 (56%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Altra64 Menu  (Read 17430 times)

Online jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
Altra64 Menu
« on: October 27, 2017, 09:16 PM »
Hi All,

It has been a while since I last checked in and thought it worth posting that just in time for Halloween I have just released a beta version of my adaptation of alt64. It can be found here: https://github.com/networkfusion/altra64/releases/tag/V0.1.8.6.1.3-beta

The page also contains the binary (as always, just replace the current file in ./ED64)...

Depending on feedback (if any) I may either continue to a full release (just bug fixes) for this version, or switch my effort to doing the menu redesign (which is likely going to remove support for the V1 because I don't have one, so cannot test).

Please dont ask for further save type support (unless you know how to implement it) as I dont understand how the firmware works enough to implement it... Also I dont support use of the clones and this versions binary does similar checks to alt64...
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth...

Online jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
Re: Altra64 Menu
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 01:39 PM »
Here is a quick feature comparison for those that want to know the main differences...
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth...

Online jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 02:02 PM »
Concept art for save screen

Offline The Renegadist

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 03:03 PM »
Definitely interested in the cover art support for sure, got an image of how that looks?

Offline elenion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 10:51 AM »
The images aren't visible to non-logged-in users, just FYI.

Offline gfhg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 06:52 PM »
That concept art looks nice.  Do you pretend to implement 64DD Save? I have V1 and it woull be nice to have a full featured version. Keep up the good job.

Offline gamerjay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 12:37 AM »
does this game work been trying to get it to work on offical os http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_64_ROMs/Toon_Panic_(Japan)_(Proto)/40295

Offline gamerjay

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 12:38 AM »
also how to use os is it same as regular os

Online jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 11:18 PM »
also how to use os is it same as regular os

It is a fork of alt (http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=816.0), as such, follow its requirements...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 12:44 AM by jonesalmighty »

Online jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 11:19 PM »
does this game work been trying to get it to work on offical os http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_64_ROMs/Toon_Panic_(Japan)_(Proto)/40295

I haven't tried... I will give it a go at some point but I would rather you tested it and let me know  ;D

Online jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 11:20 PM »
That concept art looks nice.  Do you pretend to implement 64DD Save? I have V1 and it woull be nice to have a full featured version. Keep up the good job.

Refer to the first post  :-X

Online jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 11:24 PM »
Definitely interested in the cover art support for sure, got an image of how that looks?

Not yet, but I am not totally sure which screen you mean... I need to draw some flow diagrams as I have a few different concepts for how the menu structure could work (e.g. 64Drive, OOT/MM, Nes/Snes mini classic rom load menu)...

I might get around to posting them at some point  ;D

Online jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 11:23 PM »
sooooo... given there have been 12 downloads... has anyone got any feedback???? plus the vote is currently tied... this doesn't help  :P
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 11:25 PM by jonesalmighty »

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
    • :D
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2017, 09:32 AM »
the cover feature is a bit slow, 'cause every cover is transfered from the sdcard to the rdram and then it's converted.
you can speed this up a lot, if you pre-convert the images and attach them to the cartspace all at once.
now you should have nearly instant display of the covers and you may be able to implement a real cover browser. ^^

BMBx64 has released an improved version of libdragon this year

it should be possible to load up 32bit textures with a decent speed now.
- so port the menu to the rdp functions instead of the software rendering and support a 640x480 32bit mode ;D

- Bug fixes: RDP textures works now on 32bit mode

https://assemblergames.com/threads/n64-programming-libdragon.66679/

Online jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2017, 02:03 AM »
the cover feature is a bit slow, 'cause every cover is transfered from the sdcard to the rdram and then it's converted.
you can speed this up a lot, if you pre-convert the images and attach them to the cartspace all at once.
now you should have nearly instant display of the covers and you may be able to implement a real cover browser. ^^

BMBx64 has released an improved version of libdragon this year

it should be possible to load up 32bit textures with a decent speed now.
- so port the menu to the rdp functions instead of the software rendering and support a 640x480 32bit mode ;D

- Bug fixes: RDP textures works now on 32bit mode

https://assemblergames.com/threads/n64-programming-libdragon.66679/

I was kinda wishing the opposite (current) result of the poll for those things  :P, but anyway I have managed to get the MP3 working again (although on PAL (not tested NSTC) it is playback rate is slower than it should be)... it is only the UI bugs that are stopping a stable release  :-[

In any case, my first task will be to convert make files to cmake, this will make cross compiling easier and hopefully fully windows compatible!

Also, it would be nice if someone tested Aleck64 saving, although my feature table says it is not working, I think that it may not be the case...

Also, given the options I mentioned for the menu structures, is there any particular opinion (perhaps I should start another poll)!