Author Topic: [release] alternative ED64 Menu  (Read 313663 times)

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
Re: [release] alternative ED64 Menu
« Reply #345 on: September 04, 2017, 01:24 PM »
holy s*** this looks good

Can't you copy the NES emulator from the ALT OS to the official OS?

Offline fandangos

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 01, 2017, 02:29 AM »
It's been ages since I used my ED64. I have a v1 with Alt64.

Can someone sum up how to use the auto video patcher to remove the blur of games on Alt64? Do I need to write all the game shark codes down for it to work?

Also, is widescreen possible using game shark codes? I remember reading Saturnu commenting on it. Can you guys help me dust off my N64? I recently got a widescreen sd crt tv and it would be  awesome to enjoy some widescreen games :)

Offline ssshake

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 23, 2018, 08:36 PM »
For fear of sounding like the new idiot guy, why is there no distribution of a binary only source? I find it a little weird that everyone who wants to use this needs to build out a dev environment and compile their own copy. Does anyone maybe have 2.12 compiled and uploaded somewhere?

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
    • :D
« Reply #348 on: February 24, 2018, 08:29 AM »
OS 2.12 ist the version number of the official OS.
you can get it here
http://krikzz.com/pub/support/everdrive-64/os-bin/

you can download the binary of ALT64 Version 0.1.8.23 in this thread
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=2298.0

Offline ssshake

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 24, 2018, 04:37 PM »
Thanks I get it now, this threw me off, still dont know what it means. (technical obsolete - for ED64v1 and ED64v2 only)

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
    • :D
« Reply #350 on: February 24, 2018, 05:08 PM »
most features that were introduced by alt64 made their way into the official OS.
there are only a few features left, that don't really matter, like the cover browser or the toplist sorting.

the ed64v3 brought us a rtc and resetless saving, but i've never updated alt64 to support these changes, that's the reason i'm calling it obsolete. ^^

i think it might be still interesting for ed64v1 owners, 'cause they are stuck on OS v1.29, which lacks a lot of features by now.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 24, 2018, 05:09 PM »
Thanks I get it now, this threw me off, still dont know what it means. (technical obsolete - for ED64v1 and ED64v2 only)

I'd imagine that means it can only work on the v1 and v2 Everdrive 64  models, and not on the v3.

Offline jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #352 on: March 01, 2018, 12:59 AM »

I'd imagine that means it can only work on the v1 and v2 Everdrive 64  models, and not on the v3.

That's where altra64 comes in  ;)
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth...

Offline KevinMariano

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 23, 2018, 05:59 PM »
alt64_v1823.zip is off 😭

Offline Gustan

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 19, 2018, 05:26 AM »
Not sure why, but my menu lags so much when switching folders. The original ed64plus OS never did.

Also I have a few games that won't run on this menu, but they work fine on the old one.

Offline jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #355 on: September 19, 2018, 11:59 PM »
Not sure why, but my menu lags so much when switching folders. The original ed64plus OS never did.

Also I have a few games that won't run on this menu, but they work fine on the old one.

This menu is not designed to support that clone.
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth...

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 20, 2018, 04:44 PM »

Saying "...a few games that won't run on this menu..." isn't helpful, you should say what games you mean, and where they crash or fail, so anyone who wants to help can duplicate the problem and so try to find a solution.

Though if you're using an Everdrive clone (an illegal rip-off of the real product) then you probably won't get much help from here, as this forum tends to only focus on the real Everdrives, especially since Krikzz (who makes the Everdrives) owns this forum and earns his living from making them, and we none of us want to see him lose money that instead goes to illegal clones of his products. The real Everdrives are inexpensive enough considering the features, ease of use, and reliability they give to the user, so it's all the more annoying that some people sell ripped off, inferior clones to the public.

Offline Gustan

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 26, 2018, 05:35 AM »
Just for clarification, I am using "real hardware"...just thought this this was the name of the v3 menu. I tried a different sd card which fixed the issue with the lag.

Still having problems loading patched n64 games such as Animal Crossing, Goldeneye, and DD games like FZero in this menu.

They fail right on load. I just get a black screen.

Offline Kuai237426

• View Profile
    • เนื้อหมู
« Reply #358 on: October 20, 2018, 12:37 PM »
Look great thanks.

Offline fluxcore

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 13, 2019, 12:07 AM »
The ability to force the menu into 60Hz is a very useful one indeed, wish the official firmware had this.