Author Topic: New s2dsnes Cart+black screen  (Read 3262 times)

Offline johnny_6uitar

• View Profile
New s2dsnes Cart+black screen
« on: January 27, 2019, 02:45 AM »
Hello,

I was wondering if I could ask a question.  My cousin purchased an s2dsnes cart off of krikz amazon site.  I have updated the firmware, formatted a 64gb card to fat32, and still get a black screen to no avail.  Does anyone have a manual or suggestions for a beginner to the s2dsnes to troubleshoot a black screen?  Have tested snes with real carts and they work all right. 

Thanks in advance for any advice help or support with regards to this matter.

Offline ozzy2k

• View Profile
Re: New s2dsnes Cart+black screen
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 01:53 PM »
How does the root directory of your SD card looks like?

Offline johnny_6uitar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 05:33 PM »
Yes, Thank you for responding.

First I format the disk to fat32 using diskpart or a gui I downloaded.

I then downloaded firmware, and bin files.  During this attempt I tried firmware starting from 1.9 and going up to the latest version of the old, 1.7 d;
furthermore, the card itself only had a folder named sd2snes with the extracted files.  NT would not read card, only cart.  SNES had composite black.  Attempted this with 4 different sd cards from 2 gb to 128.

Upon my first glance at the cart I thought it was just a sd2snes, not done by KRIKZZZ.  The actual cart has an sd2snes sticker, yet no marks identifying it as a KRIKZZZ cart...

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 08:48 PM »
Photos please ^^ sd2snes folder on SD cart root is fine. Formatted as FAT32?

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 04:28 AM »
My cousin purchased an s2dsnes cart off of krikz amazon site.
Are you sure it was bought from the Krikzz store on Amazon?
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline decommand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 10:09 AM »

I then downloaded firmware, and bin files.  During this attempt I tried firmware starting from 1.9 and going up to the latest version of the old, 1.7 d;
furthermore, the card itself only had a folder named sd2snes with the extracted files.  NT would not read card, only cart.  SNES had composite black.  Attempted this with 4 different sd cards from 2 gb to 128.

Upon my first glance at the cart I thought it was just a sd2snes, not done by KRIKZZZ.  The actual cart has an sd2snes sticker, yet no marks identifying it as a KRIKZZZ cart...

maybe it is a fake,and damaged , not made by krikzz

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 09:35 PM »

maybe it is a fake,and damaged , not made by krikzz

Those blackout SD2SNES sticker carts without the Ikari and Krikzz tag are usually a hit and miss when it comes to running on a SNES. This by means as an actual one and not a emulator attempt. They are known to blackout when switched on so it takes a few tries to get it working usually inserting and taking it out then trying again eventually makes it boot up.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!