Author Topic: Virtual Pro Wrestling English Translation Beta  (Read 10302 times)

Offline Kobe

• View Profile
Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling English Translation Beta
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2021, 06:55 AM »
Hey, thanks for your hard work but for over 2 hours I've been trying to patch my ROM and I just get the following message each time:
xdelta3: target window checsum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT
I've used xdelta to patch many roms in the past, I've tried everything to no avail. What's going on?

Offline zaphro72

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2021, 05:00 PM »
Hey, thanks for your hard work but for over 2 hours I've been trying to patch my ROM and I just get the following message each time:
I've used xdelta to patch many roms in the past, I've tried everything to no avail. What's going on?

Sounds like your source rom is not the correct one.

Offline Kobe

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2021, 08:56 PM »

Sounds like your source rom is not the correct one.
My source rom is the correct one, Virtual Pro Wrestling 64, no intro good ROM. I used two different ROMs, one I know 100% is a perfect dump.

Offline fabio_rosendo

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2021, 09:41 PM »
My source rom is the correct one, Virtual Pro Wrestling 64, no intro good ROM. I used two different ROMs, one I know 100% is a perfect dump.

Try this rom..... is the only one that patch without error for me.
https://www.freeroms.com/roms/n64/virtual_pro_wrestling_64.htm
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 09:56 PM by fabio_rosendo »

Offline Kobe

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2021, 10:45 PM »

Try this rom..... is the only one that patch without error for me.
https://www.freeroms.com/roms/n64/virtual_pro_wrestling_64.htm
Thanks, looks like it successfully patched with this ROM, going to try it out when I get back home and hopefully it works on my ED64!

Offline Kobe

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2021, 06:46 AM »
Ok, tried out the translation and it seems to work great after I used the ROM that Fabio linked to.

Quick question: How the heck do you use the specials in this game? I found a FAQ online that said to use the analog stick during a grapple, but I was playing as Rick Flair and no matter how many times I tried, I could never pull of his special. Any advice?

Offline alphadrum

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2021, 10:02 PM »
Quick question: How the heck do you use the specials in this game? I found a FAQ online that said to use the analog stick during a grapple, but I was playing as Rick Flair and no matter how many times I tried, I could never pull of his special. Any advice?

When you have "SPECIAL" in your meter, do a strong grapple (Hold the grapple button) then flick the analog stick. Maybe you're doing it and don't realize Flair has one of the most odd "SPECIAL" in the game which consists of a slap and a 'Flair Flop.' I use it mainly to transition into a strong grapple then down+A to do a small package pin and get a 'cheap' victory.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2021, 11:11 AM »
A worn controller stick may also make it impossible to do certain moves in many games. I mean a really worn out one that doesn't center properly at all.