Author Topic: SDD1 Support is here!  (Read 38631 times)

Offline OneBagTravel

• Sony KV-20FV300
  • Has the Perrier gone straight to my head?
    • View Profile
    • OneBagTravel.com
Re: SDD1 Support is here!
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2018, 05:02 PM »
My body is ready for the full release build  :-*
Travel light & smart. SFC using HD Retrovision component cables.

Offline Terminator2k2

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2018, 05:44 PM »
Yup, Terminator2k2 is right with MSU1 (tested it this morning and it works just fine, very surprised by this). At the moment, Conn and I are in the finishing stages for Fighter's History Mizoguchi Kiki Ippatsu. Once this is done, I will go back to SFA2 and tweak my code. My first attempt was just quick test to see if MSU would play (which it did). As Relikk stated, give me a couple of weeks to get it done. I don't have much time due to "real life" workload getting heavier. It will get done. I want to bless this game with MSU treatment, long time coming. :)

i know it was in there as i compiled the leaked release of sdd1 , i didnt leak it though haha , if you need any testers for it , wink wink

Offline legolas119

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2018, 11:59 PM »
Really great news! Now all EU and USA games are supported!  If i'm not wrong now these chips are missing: Sufami Turbo, SA-1, ST-011, ST-018, SPC7110 and Carts with BS memory pack slots.

In order to play SDD1 games it will be released a new firmware update? 1.9?

Offline Terminator2k2

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2018, 12:04 AM »
Sa1 is already supported , and as far as firmware releases , well that’s up to Ikari and what he wants to include

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2018, 12:06 AM »
Really great news! Now all EU and USA games are supported!  If i'm not wrong now these chips are missing: Sufami Turbo, SA-1, ST-011, ST-018, SPC7110 and Carts with BS memory pack slots.

Sufami Turbo was an external add on for the SNES so I don't think it counts as a "special chip" per se but anyone with the technical knowledge feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Also SA-1 has been done by redguyyy.

Other than that the rest of your list looks correct.

Basically the only game anyone (arguably) cares about, that still hasn't been enabled to be played on the SD2SNES is Far East Of Eden.

I watched enough of the gameplay and story of it to hope that its redguyyy and or magno's next project to get up and working as it looks totally badass or at least its story does to me anyway.

I generally hate non action RPG's as I prefer to be directly involved in the combat gameplay but sometimes I can make an exception and this game looks like one of those times.

I think I'll end up buying it's english translation repro rom cart but still continue to hope once again that redguyyy, magno or even ikari01 himself gets the chip implemented that enables it on SD2SNES at some point.  :P
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2018, 12:59 AM »

For sufami turbo you can actually just find the roms with the bios for the sufami turbo embedded. They run fine on my sd2snes. When you start a game it shows the sufami turbo logo and jingle then the game runs. I've tested all sufami turbo games and I haven't had any issues. If anyone want's them I can upload them somewhere.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline legolas119

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2018, 01:14 AM »
ah ok perfect!
This is my bios list: https://i.postimg.cc/xjwkXX8B/Immagine2.png

Do I need additional bios files in othjer to play every supported game?

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2018, 01:28 AM »
ah ok perfect!

the sufami turbo roms I have have the bios embedded into the roms them selves so no additional files are needed. I sent you a PM.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline Eyedunno

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2018, 01:55 AM »
Should be a couple of weeks. Pev will refine the code and I'll test everything on the audio side of things with regard to editing and balancing.
Sounds incredible. I hope y'all will look into the possibility of reducing/eliminating the load times (especially the one right after "FIGHT!"). Even if not, I'm pretty psyched though.

the sufami turbo roms I have have the bios embedded into the roms them selves so no additional files are needed. I sent you a PM.
Wow, I didn't know this. Not that I care that much, mind you (well, I am a little tempted to see if the Gegege no Kitaro game is any good), but any news that compatibility is even higher than I thought is good news.

Edit: Yeah, on looking into the Gegege no Kitaro thing, it doesn't look too great, so I stand by my original stance of not caring much. :P
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 01:59 AM by Eyedunno »

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2018, 02:59 AM »
Should be a couple of weeks. Pev will refine the code and I'll test everything on the audio side of things with regard to editing and balancing.
Sounds incredible. I hope y'all will look into the possibility of reducing/eliminating the load times (especially the one right after "FIGHT!"). Even if not, I'm pretty psyched though.

Wow, I didn't know this. Not that I care that much, mind you (well, I am a little tempted to see if the Gegege no Kitaro game is any good), but any news that compatibility is even higher than I thought is good news.

Edit: Yeah, on looking into the Gegege no Kitaro thing, it doesn't look too great, so I stand by my original stance of not caring much. :P
from what I understand there are at least 2 different sets of sufami turbo roms. ones without the bios embedded and some with. I have the ones with. The ones without do not work on any flash cart. The ones that do have the bios do work.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline legolas119

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2018, 03:37 PM »
ah ok perfect!

thanks  you!  And what about the bios on order to play SDD1 games?  It isn't present in my list that i posted above...which is the bios that i need in order to play Streeth Fighter Alpha 2 and SDD1 games?
thanks

Offline OmenBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2018, 06:54 PM »
ah ok perfect!

Any chance you could send me a PM too? The roms I have are from SM's pack but they don't seem to be complete.
Ultra EverDrive 64 V3 - EverDrive N8 Famicom - Mega EverDrive X7 - SD2SNES Rev H

Offline josete2k

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2018, 07:09 PM »
Great news.

Unfortunately it seems that the SDD1 support isn't working with the carts that need the patched fpga_base.bit from ikari

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2018, 12:16 AM »
ah ok perfect!

Any chance you could send me a PM too? The roms I have are from SM's pack but they don't seem to be complete.
It's sent.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline Barawer

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2018, 12:29 AM »
ah ok perfect!

It's sent.
Can i get a PM as well? :)
Everdrives I own:
Mega Everdrive V2 (same as Mega everdrive X7), Everdrive N8 Famicom, Turbo Everdrive V2, EverDrive 64 V3, SD2SNES Rev J.
On my wishlist:
Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5.