Author Topic: EverDrive GB X3 - Memory Error  (Read 1662 times)

Offline FuzzyYeti

• View Profile
EverDrive GB X3 - Memory Error
« on: August 12, 2020, 11:17 PM »
So finally after waiting about a month and a half, I got my GB X3, popped in my SD with the latest firmware 1.04 and all the stuff I want, boot up my GBC and am hit with "Memory Error" after the Gameboy boot screen.

So I searched here and reddit and have done the following:

Tried it on a different GBC system, tried a different SD card, tried different Allocation unit sizes all formatted in FAT 32 on Windows 10, tried all of the different firmwares, tried it wit the firmware only on the SD, Tried new batteries, Tried plugging it in via wall outlet. Nothing, still only says Memory Error.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Both my GBCs have FunnyPlaying IPS V2 screens, but I'm thinking it's a card problem? The card I'm trying to use is a Kingston 16GB Class 10, and the other I tried it on was a Lexar 32 GB card I bought last year new.

I reaaaaaaaally hope I can find a solution because I honestly don't want to wait another month to send it back, and then another month for a new one to come.

Thoughts anyone? Should I just go out and try another SD card? Or anything else anyone can think of to try next?

EDIT: Just tried another 4 microSD cards of various sizes from 4GB - 64GB from different devices around my house.. same thing. The LED indicator on the cart flashes for a very quick moment then goes out before the error comes up. It just seems like no matter what I throw at it, it just has an issue trying to read anything O_O

EDIT 2: Was able to try it on a GBA SP, and an original unmodded DMG, with alkaline batteries and rechargeable batteries. Still the same results. I can't get anything other than an instant "Memory Error". I'm beginning to think I got a dud.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 09:53 AM by FuzzyYeti »

Offline Marteicos

• View Profile
Re: EverDrive GB X3 - Memory Error
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 07:31 AM »
Do you get a no sd card warning when no card is inserted?

It seems you really got a bad cart.

Offline FuzzyYeti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 08:20 AM »
Unfortunately no, it still says Memory Error even without an SD card in it. So normally it's supposed to say like an SD card error or something?

Yeah it's looking more and more that it's no good.

Ah man, sucks to get a new cart to just have to return it and pay for shipping it back :S I reached out to support and am waiting to hear back from them if they have any other ideas, but yeah looking likely that I'll have to figure something out with a replacement.

Thanks for the heads up, that helps me out a lot with troubleshooting.

Offline Marteicos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 03:17 PM »
Mine took 6 months to arrive (12/2017 - 06/2018), thank god my cart was ok.

Yes, it was supposed to show a no SD card error.
Contact your seller asking for a replacement, good luck.

Offline FuzzyYeti

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 06:05 PM »
Oh wow, that quite a long wait, I'm glad it's not that long otherwise I'm not sure I'd even bother returning it lol

I'll be reaching out to the folks at https://everdrive.me/ to figure out how we go about this.

Cheers!

Offline puppydogpals

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2020, 10:57 AM »
I received mine a few days back it worked for a bit then i have same issue as you (GBX3) think im gonna have to send it back, or did you manage to to sort it?