Author Topic: Is there a compatability list anyone has created? Report games not working?  (Read 26593 times)

Offline jazzppp

• View Profile
First off, let me say this isn't a complaint or whining... This is a great device with great work and support from Krikzz. I'm new to this device and just bought one a few weeks ago. So I did some searching and didn't see a game compatability list anywhere... is anyone aware of any?

Also, is there interest in hearing what games we come across that don't work? If so I've come across a few and want to know if this is the appropriate place to post them.

Anyways... Kudos for the great work, I own a lot of Sega Genesis games and all but 4 or so of the 32x games and it's great to be able to play them on the native system without having to break out the cartridges. Keeps my collection in excellent condition.

Offline ZM88

• View Profile
Just about every genesis game works(so long as it is a good rom).

As noted in the Manual, Virtua Racing (genesis version) doesn't work and some EA sports titles. Fortunately, every Road Rash game works thus the other EA sports games are no big loss.

I don't know about SMS games. I know all the phantasy star games work at least.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 10:33 AM by ZM88 »

Offline jazzppp

• View Profile
I've come across two from different regions that don't work. could be a mega key issue. They are puyo puyo (Japanese) and Wonder boy in monster's lair (EU). I have an   ntsc-u system. the roms work in an emulator fine... so I think the dump is good. No biggie though... just wanted to know if the dev wanted reports, or if they were already known.

Offline cleeg

• View Profile
If you would like I have a table in docx (word) format that has some details.  All games I have work fine on the MED, and where there are specific features or quirks I have noted them.  PM me if interested.

Also, to get 'the best (?)' ROMs, I use a Retrode, which is a Megadrive (and SNES, if you really must!) cart slot that attaches to a USB port on a PC.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 06:10 PM by cleeg »
The same cleeg from Sega 16

Offline jazzppp

• View Profile
Actually, I realized I made a noob mistake... those two were .smd formatted, not .bin. I was able to convert them. There are some 32x homebrew and beta things that hang, but I wouldn't expect those to necessarily work reliably anyway... Thanks for all the feedback.

Offline essence25

• View Profile
Add "Mega Man: Wily Wars" to the Working list. Was listed as not working in the manual. Working fine with save etc. (needs patching)

Offline portnoi88

• View Profile
There are only 5 MD games that does not work.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
There are only 5 MD games that does not work.
which are....
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline portnoi88

• View Profile
1- Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball
2- Menacer 6-in-1 Game Pack
3- Ninja Burai Densetsu
4- Wonder Library
5- Virtua Racing

Offline Capriellllle

• View Profile
Top Gear 2 doesn't work...

Offline portnoi88

• View Profile
Top Gear 2 doesn't work...

Yes it does...
You need to find the right rom. Top Gear 2 (U) [!]

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
1- Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball
2- Menacer 6-in-1 Game Pack
3- Ninja Burai Densetsu
4- Wonder Library
5- Virtua Racing
none of which are worth playing...be honest lol however virtua racing (32X) works fine :)
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline kmksoulja

• View Profile
Does anybody have a list of games that need patching to work/save correctly on the mega everdrive? That would be very helpful as I would perfer to have all the games on my SD card work.

Offline Jiro

• View Profile
Does anybody have a list of games that need patching to work/save correctly on the mega everdrive?

Here's a thread which describes how to patch some games: http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=3592c8jbld54ebup9qjt49mrf5&topic=339.0

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?47185-Super-Fighter-Team-Roms-finally-CRACKED-Beggar-Prince-MD links to patches for Super Fighter games.

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?31103-MD-Everdrive-Official-quot-game-doesn-t-work-quot-Thread is the general Assembler Games thread for games that don't work on Everdrive,   Some of them have Game Genie codes and for some of them there are existing hacked GOODGEN ROMs that were patched for older copiers but also fix the problem on the Everdrive.

I don't know where the idea that there are only 6 nonworking games comes from.

Also, http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=148.0 describes a problem with X-Men (it requires using the reset button which the Everdrive traps), but no patch is mentioned.

Offline KalessinDB

• View Profile
FWIW, in the first Assembler Games link at least 1 guy says they're both working on his Mega ED (he did say Beggar Prince you have to get a rom from the 3rd run)...

But more importantly, the second Assembler link you posted is listing incompatibilities for the Everdrive MD, which is a totally different animal from the Mega Everdrive.

Not saying that none of them are shared, I haven't investigated that thoroughly as everything I have is packed up right now, but worth noting.
Attempting a complete NTSC-U NES set.  Sell me your games!
What I've Got.  253/677 licensed games, 39/95 unlicensed games (drawing # from NA's "semi-official" list