Author Topic: Individual N8 Mapper Updates (unofficial)...  (Read 54258 times)

Offline roadkill2

• View Profile
Re: Individual N8 Mapper Updates (unofficial)...
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2018, 04:19 PM »
Make sure you unzip the file to the hard drive first. I also found deleting the old 069.RBF file before putting the new one on the SD card works better than overwriting it.

You definitely don't want to do an overwrite.  The ED is very sensitive to disk fragmentation.  I often do a full wipe and recopy when upgrading the OS, including the games.

Despite following both of your suggestions, including doing a full format of my SD card, I also keep getting "Error 65 Disk IO error" with both v20 beta1 and beta2. I've even used FAT Sorter on the EDFC folder but still have problems, however when I do the same thing on the EDFC folder on the official v16 OS I have no issues at all. I'm guessing it's simply because these are beta versions and that all the bugs haven't been worked out yet?
EverDrive N8 / Mega EverDrive X5 / SD2SNES rev. H / EverDrive 64 v2.5 / EverDrive GB X5 Rev. B

Offline James-F

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2018, 05:01 PM »
You can try to do a full format (fat32 4kb) as a last resort.
If this doesn't work, find a new sd card.
Mega Everdrive x5, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, SD2SNES, Joyzz.

Offline roadkill2

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2018, 04:22 PM »
You can try to do a full format (fat32 4kb) as a last resort.
If this doesn't work, find a new sd card.
Did that too. Full format, both FAT and FAT32, used a 2GB SD card and a 8GB SD card, still get the same error. It props up randomly. Sometimes it'll show, sometimes not. But I reiterate, I don't have this problem at all with v16 with any of my SD cards.
EverDrive N8 / Mega EverDrive X5 / SD2SNES rev. H / EverDrive 64 v2.5 / EverDrive GB X5 Rev. B

Offline olias

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2018, 08:02 PM »
How do I configure maprout.bin to work with my three custom mappers as well as those on the new os update from this week?

Offline roadkill2

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2018, 03:45 PM »
Ugh, I've given up on the v20-betas. Now it won't even boot up at all when I try to put a fully formatted, FAT32 w/ 4kb cluster size 2GB SD card in my N8 and now all I keep getting is "ERROR: 52 - FAT INITIALIZATION ERROR". Idk why I have such bad luck trying to run the v20-betas, because every time I put back my 2GB SD card that has OS v16 in it, it works without a hassle.

Offline Magisterial

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2019, 11:06 PM »
i am new here and want to know about individual  N8 Mapper updates

Offline DeanStrey

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2019, 11:45 PM »
Everdrive N8 does not work with OS20 and blinking light win. I am not sure why? Voltage problems with the cic chip on the blinking light win?

Offline Thomu

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2019, 11:00 AM »
I have a blinking light win and besides some glitches, os20 works.
Own:EDN8|SD2SNESPRO|SD2SNES|MegaEDV2|MasterEDX7|EDGBX7|EDGBAX5(x2)|ED64V3|ED64V2.5|PSIO(x2)|GDEMU|USBGDROM|Phoebe(x2)|WaspFusion(x3)|NGPSD(x2)|LynxSD|EDGB|Flashboy+|SSDS3|NeoSDPro|EZFlashOmega(x3)|EDMD clone|GDEMU clone
Ordered:
To buy:EDN8PRO|ED64X7|EDGBAX7|EDGGX7|JagSD||MultiBoy32|MegaSD|NewLynxSD