Author Topic: SD2SNES Pro  (Read 23787 times)

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
Re: SD2SNES Pro
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2019, 05:26 AM »
Normally in retail you want to set the MSRP around 10x what it cost to make. 

Offline omg

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2019, 09:11 PM »
In what Sd2Snes pro is better than Sd2Snes?
Super Game Boy features and Gameboy Advance features will be inside?

Offline James-F

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2019, 09:17 PM »
Not for a long long time if ever.
Mega Everdrive x5, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, SD2SNES, Joyzz.

Online Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2019, 01:39 AM »
In what Sd2Snes pro is better than Sd2Snes?
Super Game Boy features and Gameboy Advance features will be inside?

IF any of that comes out its likely to be by a third party. That third party probably won't limit things to just the new version. There has been talk of possible Super Gameboy features with the current SD2SNES for a while now. It's potentially possible via the FPGA.

https://sd2snes.de/blog/faq

As for Gameboy Advance.. I doubt it... Gameboy Advance was a 32bit system, and SNES is 16bit. That would be like trying to force Gamecube to run on a N64 I think?

Offline omg

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2019, 01:56 AM »
Could the Sd2Snes Pro can emulate GBA as a Super Retro Advance Carteidge?
Maybe? 😜

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2019, 05:35 AM »
Maybe? 😜
the super retro advance cart is literally a clone gba system on a chip. the snes isnt even used for anything other than power and controller input. it doesn't even process or display the graphics of the cart. the cart has a 3.5m output for RCA audio and composite. I am pretty sure what you're wanting to do just isn't feasible.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 07:34 AM by Gumball »
All I wanna do is shred.
Sufami Turbo

Offline TomKeller

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2019, 08:01 AM »
Maybe? 😜
As described here by ikari_01:

https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=8484.msg65925#msg65925
https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=8578.msg66642#msg66642

The bus bandwidth from the cart slot is just enough to stream the Super GameBoy picture to the SNES (and it's already a tight fit). The data provided by a higher resolution and/or color depth wouldn't fit at all - at least not without some heavy trickery (which has its limitations too).

Offline James-F

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2019, 09:46 AM »
Short answer: No.
Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooo.

What is it with all the Gameboy on the SD2SNES requests?
Mega Everdrive x5, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, SD2SNES, Joyzz.

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2019, 10:37 AM »

I'm with ya on that one. Especially since we have a wonderful Gameboy flash cart from krikzz. Pair that with a super gameboy 2 and you're in a wonderful world of 8 bit hand held gaming on the big screen. I can understand where people are coming from to a point. It's convenient and easier on the wallet if the sd2snes does everything but people need to curve there expectations.
All I wanna do is shred.
Sufami Turbo

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2019, 11:27 AM »

I'm with ya on that one. Especially since we have a wonderful Gameboy flash cart from krikzz. Pair that with a super gameboy 2 and you're in a wonderful world of 8 bit hand held gaming on the big screen. I can understand where people are coming from to a point. It's convenient and easier on the wallet if the sd2snes does everything but people need to curve there expectations.

The only problem is the SGB2 is unusable unless you have a Japan SFC a lot of us only have the regular SGB which works on international SNES consoles. Also it's interesting to note the SGB2 rom actually loads on a stock SD2SNES but nothing responds on it so you cannot use that custom boarder anywhere... besides I prefer the stock SGB boarder even though I prefer to use custom SGB boarders that load up with any game.

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2019, 01:05 PM »

The only problem is the SGB2 is unusable unless you have a Japan SFC a lot of us only have the regular SGB which works on international SNES consoles. Also it's interesting to note the SGB2 rom actually loads on a stock SD2SNES but nothing responds on it so you cannot use that custom boarder anywhere... besides I prefer the stock SGB boarder even though I prefer to use custom SGB boarders that load up with any game.
Any japanese super nintendo cart will work fine in an american snes. There are 2 plastic tabs inside the snes cart slot only present on the american units in both the original and small redesign. If you cut off or snap those tabs off the japanese carts will fit and work fine. That is literally the only thing keeping japanese games from being played. I did it with a pare of needle nose pliers.
The super gameboy 2 works great on my american snes and gameboy carts are region free out of the box. They dont require any modification to work and will fit in both japanese or american super gameboys or hand helds. When it comes to pal or european snes carts they may fit like japanese titles but the difference with pal and ntsc signals will most likely result in no picture or a flashing image due to the different refresh rates. Just thought id add that too just to be thorough. So yes you have nothing to worry about if you wanna get a super gameboy 2 instead of the original since the 2 has the correct cpu clock speed.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 01:08 PM by Gumball »
All I wanna do is shred.
Sufami Turbo

Offline Jdurg

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2019, 05:59 PM »
You can also get a Super Game Boy 1 modified with the proper clock in there so that it will run at the correct speed.

Offline mrpopsicleman

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2019, 08:50 PM »
besides I prefer the stock SGB boarder

All of the original Super Game Boy borders are on the Super Game Boy 2. You just have to put in a code to use them. Select the black border, exit the menu, then press LLLLR. Now all the borders will be the original SGB borders. To switch back to the SGB2 borders, just repeat the code.

Offline ccateni

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2019, 09:20 PM »
I'm returning my sd2snes, and this is what I found out by a via a messenge from stone age gamer!
"Also note that we will most likely not be able to provide a North American shell for the Pro version, as the pcb from the first batch was made too large to fit them, and we will only be able to offer gray Universal shells for the first batch. The manufacturer does plan to fix this on the following batch, but this may be 1-3 months away."

Offline mrpopsicleman

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2019, 09:22 PM »
Gameboy Advance

This is never going to happen. Much like Hayazashi Nidan Morita Shogi 2 with it's ST018 chip, the GBA uses a 32-bit ARM processor that is most likely out of reach even for the SD2SNES Pro. Not to mention all of the other differences between the two consoles.

Maybe? 😜

No. Much like the RetroGEN, RetroPORT, and Innovation Super 8/Tristar, the Super Retro Advance is just a clone console stuffed in an SNES cartridge that has it's own video output. The only thing it uses the SNES for is power and controller input.