Author Topic: SD2SNES Pro  (Read 23612 times)

Offline Galron

• View Profile
Re: SD2SNES Pro
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2019, 09:41 PM »
To everyone who is returning to Stone Age Gamer, don’t do it yet.

I literally just got mine in yesterday after an eight week wait. The new cart was announced right as mine was being assembled. At first everything was fine. Then I was told I had to return the cart within two weeks because he didn’t want to sit on old stock as he’s still selling them. Completely understandable, but it sort of breaks the thirty day return window. So, I gave them the benefit of the doubt. So I asked if they can put one aside for me and just swap the shells with the second batch as he said the first batch won’t fit in NTSC shells and the second batch would but it will be another eight weeks to wait. Again, didn’t mind waiting another eight weeks or so(sixteen weeks in total) for the new cart as long as I knew I had one waiting for me. Only fair as I literally just got mine yesterday. Then I get an email saying that they will NOT put one on hold and that they’d send me an email when they are available to order. So basically, after waiting eight weeks for my cart, I have to play Russian Roulette with my new SD2SNES. If I send it back, I’m not guaranteed a new cart after sixteen total weeks of waiting. If I don’t, I’ll have a cart, but it’s obsolete. To say I’m pissed right now is an understatement. Looks like I’ll have to shell out another $200 for another SD2SNES cart when I just got one in.....

I specifically asked for them if they would be able to hold credit for me for one until they can send me model with the shell I wanted (second batch). They told me they could do this just to print the emails (as evidence of agreement) and explain to them to them, which version I wanted. I'm not too concerned waiting time. Until then I can use the SD/jailbroken Super NT to run most games I want to test. I'd would just have to cover the cost of new shipping, and if there was price increase.

Offline wolfpacleader1986

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2019, 09:53 PM »
I specifically asked for them if they would be able to hold credit for me for one until they can send me model with the shell I wanted (second batch). They told me they could do this just to print the emails (as evidence of agreement) and explain to them to them, which version I wanted. I'm not too concerned waiting time. Until then I can use the SD/jailbroken Super NT to run most games I want to test. I'd would just have to cover the cost of new shipping, and if there was price increase.

I don’t mind the wait either if they can hold a cart for me. But they did not offer any of this to me. Even what you suggested. I don’t want to return if I won’t be guaranteed a new cart. To wait eight weeks as I did for this one and wait another eight weeks for that one and have it be sold out when I already sent my cart back and have to wait even more, this whole situation has got me really on edge. Trying to be calm, but it’s hard to when it seems the stories vary between different people who reached out. Even if he can give us who sent the carts back a special link or something to order one before the general public, that would help. But I don’t see that happening either.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 09:55 PM by wolfpacleader1986 »

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2019, 10:35 PM »
Just be ready. Keep checking Twitters and forums. There won't be an insane rush on these when they come out and especially not for a second batch. They'll be sold out in a few hours, maybe. Not minutes.

Offline ccateni

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2019, 03:35 PM »
To everyone who is returning to Stone Age Gamer, don’t do it yet.

I literally just got mine in yesterday after an eight week wait. The new cart was announced right as mine was being assembled. At first everything was fine. Then I was told I had to return the cart within two weeks because he didn’t want to sit on old stock as he’s still selling them. Completely understandable, but it sort of breaks the thirty day return window. So, I gave them the benefit of the doubt. So I asked if they can put one aside for me and just swap the shells with the second batch as he said the first batch won’t fit in NTSC shells and the second batch would but it will be another eight weeks to wait. Again, didn’t mind waiting another eight weeks or so(sixteen weeks in total) for the new cart as long as I knew I had one waiting for me. Only fair as I literally just got mine yesterday. Then I get an email saying that they will NOT put one on hold and that they’d send me an email when they are available to order. So basically, after waiting eight weeks for my cart, I have to play Russian Roulette with my new SD2SNES. If I send it back, I’m not guaranteed a new cart after sixteen total weeks of waiting. If I don’t, I’ll have a cart, but it’s obsolete. To say I’m pissed right now is an understatement. Looks like I’ll have to shell out another $200 for another SD2SNES cart when I just got one in.....
They normally don't hold orders for products not available yet. I'm returning since I just got the sd2snes a couple of days ago and I am able to return it for money for the pro version when they get the custom shells.

Offline ccateni

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2019, 03:36 PM »
Just be ready. Keep checking Twitters and forums. There won't be an insane rush on these when they come out and especially not for a second batch. They'll be sold out in a few hours, maybe. Not minutes.
agree

Offline Eyedunno

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2019, 08:07 PM »
I obsessively followed Stone Age Gamer back in 2011 and 2012 to get one of the first SD2SNESes (R.I.P. my first SD2SNES, 2012-2018). And I understand why they have to make this new major revision, but I really don't understand the anxiety over having to be the first to get one of these.

Like, you might get SA-1+MSU-1 support in the next year, but this is nothing compared to how big of an upgrade SD2SNES was over the PowerPak: better compatibility (full DSP series, Cx4, Satellaview, and the promise of future improvements), much faster loading, better menus, MSU-1, and use of SD cards instead of terrible CF cards (I bent a pin on one of my readers, and from that point on I was always afraid I'd do the same thing to the PowerPak itself). Oh, and maybe someday savestates might work better on the Pro, which is cool, I guess, if you cheat a lot?

Offline ccateni

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2019, 08:35 PM »
I obsessively followed Stone Age Gamer back in 2011 and 2012 to get one of the first SD2SNESes (R.I.P. my first SD2SNES, 2012-2018). And I understand why they have to make this new major revision, but I really don't understand the anxiety over having to be the first to get one of these.

Like, you might get SA-1+MSU-1 support in the next year, but this is nothing compared to how big of an upgrade SD2SNES was over the PowerPak: better compatibility (full DSP series, Cx4, Satellaview, and the promise of future improvements), much faster loading, better menus, MSU-1, and use of SD cards instead of terrible CF cards (I bent a pin on one of my readers, and from that point on I was always afraid I'd do the same thing to the PowerPak itself). Oh, and maybe someday savestates might work better on the Pro, which is cool, I guess, if you cheat a lot?
I may wait for the second batch, and get a transparent yellow cart just like my original sd2snes i'm returning. I just got a sd2snes recently so I can still return it and its worth getting the new model before it's too late.

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2019, 09:04 PM »

For me, it’s because I just bought the damn thing after waiting eight weeks for it to arrive and I don’t want to plunk down that much money for an obsolete cart. Especially when it was a customized deluxe edition(Ice NTSC shell)

Offline Eyedunno

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2019, 10:13 PM »

For me, it’s because I just bought the damn thing after waiting eight weeks for it to arrive and I don’t want to plunk down that much money for an obsolete cart. Especially when it was a customized deluxe edition(Ice NTSC shell)
Yeah, that makes sense. I bought my second SD2SNES last year, and I am a little bummed at its impending obsolescence (if only my original SD2SNES had taken another year to give up the ghost). But at the end of the day, it's not really obsolete to me if it supports nearly 100% of the SNES library, which it does.

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2019, 10:18 PM »
Like they literally announced the new cart as mine was being assembled at Stone Age Gamer. So, when I heard this one dude talk about “you and only you being picked on” or something like that, I couldn’t help but give a slight chuckle as it’s like damn, that sounds a lot like the situation here 😅

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2019, 10:29 PM »
Like, you might get SA-1+MSU-1 support in the next year

SA-1 with MSU1 will be available at launch.

Offline Eyedunno

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2019, 12:54 AM »
Like, you might get SA-1+MSU-1 support in the next year

SA-1 with MSU1 will be available at launch.
Well, launch is in the next year, isn't it? :P

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2019, 01:32 AM »
I think they figure within 1-3 months from now?

Offline Eyedunno

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2019, 01:33 AM »
I think they figure within 1-3 months from now?
1-3 months from now is in the next year, isn't it? :P

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2019, 05:45 AM »
No, not next year... this year....

"We going to release new generation #SD2SNES PRO soon this month. Device got massive hardware update and it opens perspective to new features. Most powerful SNES cart become even more powerful now!"
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 02:15 PM by Galron »