Author Topic: any plans for an everdrive gb pro in future?  (Read 2157 times)

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Re: any plans for an everdrive gb pro in future?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2020, 01:51 PM »
You mean the little star mark down in the left corner of the box. Red means it's works on all Gameboys (GBC enhanced) and blue/green means it's a GBC only game. DMG games similarly has a SGB logo in the left corner if it's a Super Gameboy enhanced game.

yeah the PD ones were all checked and put into sub folders
So what was the result? Did you find any that didn't work on SGB or not?

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2020, 02:19 PM »
You mean the little star mark down in the left corner of the box. Red means it's works on all Gameboys (GBC enhanced) and blue/green means it's a GBC only game. DMG games similarly has a SGB logo in the left corner if it's a Super Gameboy enhanced game.

yeah the PD ones were all checked and put into sub folders
So what was the result? Did you find any that didn't work on SGB or not?

Yeah that was the result and yeah their were dozens way too many to list, it's kind of ironic I did so much on this then moved to getting SNES games to play on a GBA then dropped doing it for so many years now as I had other projects to attempt... these pictures below are a mere fraction of what works on which of course they are likely obsolete now as their is likely many new PD and homebrew roms made these days but if you keep in mind this was around the 2013's it's like the whole year in an archive up until then!

These would work on both the SGB as they were GB files - https://imgur.com/a/NyMIpUQ

These also would work on both the SGB as they were GBC files - https://imgur.com/a/fU8Es2E

These however cannot work on a SGB as they were originally checked on a DMG Gameboy and wont boot up - https://imgur.com/a/wdhIjqV

Other random ones I did was checking homebrew roms and organizing them into folders, making sub folders for unl games and even making a list of folders for intros and demos… yeah I spent way too much time over this. I think the best one however was going through each enhanced boarder game and taking out the ones that had repeated boarders so their was only the ones that had a different boarder instead of the looped ones, as if I recall a lot of sports ones borrowed the same boarder and just changed a detail like removing kanji in it or mirroring it so it's in a different angle.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2020, 02:35 PM »
So only GBC roms didn't work. That's expected since they probably switches to GBC mode right away and locks up on a DMG/GBP/SGB. Licensed GBC only games must have a DMG mode screen that tells the player to use a Gameboy Color, but PD roms might not always do this.

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2020, 04:17 PM »
So only GBC roms didn't work. That's expected since they probably switches to GBC mode right away and locks up on a DMG/GBP/SGB. Licensed GBC only games must have a DMG mode screen that tells the player to use a Gameboy Color, but PD roms might not always do this.

Indeed and those PD roms really don't mention it, their could even be some that are just titled GB at the end of them but wont run on a SGB at times or even a GB rom that is actually in full color so I renamed them GBC so they wouldn't get mixed up... some crazy findings those were years ago lol
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!