Author Topic: [SOLVED] MSU-MD Help/Tips???  (Read 585 times)

Offline stry8993

• View Profile
[SOLVED] MSU-MD Help/Tips???
« on: August 05, 2020, 10:48 AM »
EDIT: So, I figured it out. What you need to do, or what I did at least, and has worked, is you take the ROM file, like ___.md, copy the name without the extension, rename the cue file thats in the same folder as it, to, for example, Ys III (World).cue, so you'll have all your wav files, your Ys III (World).md and Ys III (World).cue. In your msu-ips folder, change the name of the IPS to exactly the same name as the .md and the .cue.

Hey folks, new here. I've asked around, and done as much searching as I can, I seem to have.... somewhat of an idea, but, my MSU-MD games are just loading into the Sega CD Player... I don't know what I'm doing wrong, and I'm finding a lot of inaccurate, incomplete, or just incorrect information, so I thought I'd come to the source.

Here's my file structure on the SD Card

« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 11:48 AM by stry8993 »

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] MSU-MD Help/Tips???
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 08:53 PM »
yeah, rom and cue names should be the same. You can rename either rom or cue. For auto ips patcher patch name should match to rom name or rom id. In last OS versions you can also put patch to the same catalog with rom, patch name should match to the rom name.

Offline stry8993

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 11:24 AM »
Thanks for getting back to me on this Krikkz. I'm still very new to the Everdrives, its awesome to see your continuing support for the Mega ED Pro. I just got my FXPak Pro today (having some issues, I've posted in the forum, and made a tweet with you tagged in it actually  :P ) and the Mega Everdrive X3 and Turbo Everdrive v2.5 are still coming in from Ukraine. So far, mostly so good, no problems with the Mega ED Pro though!

Offline WaNoS463

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 07:21 PM »
Hi, can I use these on my sega cdx? Ive got an old everdrive cartridge, can I put the patched rom on my everdrive and burn an audio cd using the cue file and tracks and insert it in my cdx like some of the old mode 1 hacks? Thanks.