Author Topic: Street Fighter 2 REMASTERED Mega Everdrive X3 Question  (Read 503 times)

Offline JaKSLaP

• View Profile
Street Fighter 2 REMASTERED Mega Everdrive X3 Question
« on: August 28, 2020, 03:10 AM »
Hi;

Does the mega ever drive x3 support rom hacks. Has anyone got the new street fighter 2 remastered edition working on a X3, on PAL system?

Offline Akumajo77

• Admin and tester Recalbox system
    • View Profile
Re: Street Fighter 2 REMASTERED Mega Everdrive X3 Question
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 11:36 AM »
hello, it works without problems.
The legend Will never die

Offline JaKSLaP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 06:48 PM »
And how did you get it working on a  PAL system?

Offline AW87

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 08:13 AM »
I guess it should work, to patch the NTSC-rom with a Rom-converter-tool like UCON64 and make a PAL-rom out of it. But the best solution is of course, to have a hardware-modd on the real Mega-Drive console, that let you switch between PAL and NTSC. For example, my two Mega-Drives have a switchless-modd and it work like a charm. Especially when a SD-card-modul like a Everdrive is used, such a TV-norm switching-possibility is really an advantage and highly recommended. But like i wrote, you can also try, to make a PAL-rom out of your NTSC-rom of the game.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 08:18 AM by AW87 »

Offline AW87

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 09:17 AM »
Some minutes ago, i had a look inside the NTSC-rom of this game and the only thing you need to do is the following:

- use a Hex-editor and open the rom
- go to the adress 0001F0 and you find the value 55 there. this value means, it's a NTSC rom
- change this from 55 to 45, then the rom is recognized as a PAL-rom and save the changed rom

I tried the patched rom in different MegaDrive emulators by letting the emu's run in PAL mode and it works. The message "Warning - developed for use only with NTSC Genesis systems" then don't come anymore.

Of course, in PAL mode the game then runs around 16,66% slower than in NTSC mode, but the good thing in this game is, that in "Hyper" mode, the overall fighting-speed can be changed by the user in the game-menue. Then the slower PAL speed can be balanced again, by simply going on star higher in speed, than in the NTSC rom.

This "Remastered" version looks alot better than the normal version of this game and comes close to the SNES versions of "Street Fighter 2" when it comes to colors. Cool.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 09:21 AM by AW87 »

Offline AW87

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 06:25 AM »
And "JaKSLaP", have you tried it?