Author Topic: Krikzz...WAKE UP!!!  (Read 791 times)

Offline Akumajo77

• Admin and tester Recalbox system
    • View Profile
Krikzz...WAKE UP!!!
« on: August 28, 2020, 11:04 PM »
Hi, after trying 3 different micro SD, say that your everdrive makes wrong readings, especially in audio tracks, which "slow down" and you hear ending badly after a while, the worst thing is that if it does it when you  does the game load in sega cd, it can be hung, and now my question is: when are you going to fix that problem, and the problem with Popuf Mail, how hard does it hit?  why if you have the gx plus core loaded, I doubt you can fix it.  That said, I wait 2 weeks for you to fix these bugs, if in 2 weeks you do not get a better firmware, I send you your product back, I do not give 200 dollars for a product that does not work well, greetings.

Postdata:

Not to mention that you have to buy a micro SD from a specific brand so that it works for you half well, which I think is a lack of professionalism on your part.
The legend Will never die

Offline Marteicos

• View Profile
Re: Krikzz...WAKE UP!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 12:37 AM »
What region and pcb Rev is your console?
Make sure the power supply can handle the Mega Everdrive pro.

Make sure the cd games matches the vertical refresh region of your console (if your console is pal, use pal cd games).

Also some users reported better results with ExFat. Before can you try with FAT32 and 64KB clusters?

Offline ym2612

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 12:55 AM »
Since I got the Pro mainly for MCD, I'm also disappointed that MCD support is not good as hoped.

Almost needless to say but any sd-card and/or bin/cue I tried (and gave problems on the Pro) did work without any problems with Retroarch-x86.

Also, and I may be wrong here, I have the impression that the Pro is slightly slower overall with MCD compared to Retroarch-x86 where everything feels more snappier...

Although many games I tried played and feeled ok, here are some most problematic games (at least for me):
Sewer Shark gives audio stuttering regardless of 32k/64k/128k allocation/cluster size.
Thunder Storm FX not booting/working.
Wonder Library rom not working with EBXA bin/cue.
Snatcher gives pixel artifacts on the left border when spoken dialog scenes are playing (could also be my RetroTink Scart?)

next firmware update should also include:
MD select region option (for multi-region roms aka World)
MCD in-game menu or reset to mainmenu

Please Krikzz fix the problems for your flagship product (it is the most expensive everdrive, right?)

Offline Akumajo77

• Admin and tester Recalbox system
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 01:12 AM »
What region and pcb Rev is your console?
Make sure the power supply can handle the Mega Everdrive pro.

Make sure the cd games matches the vertical refresh region of your console (if your console is pal, use pal cd games).

Also some users reported better results with ExFat. Before can you try with FAT32 and 64KB clusters?

It is a megadrive model 1 Pal Asia, with switchless uigr mod, my power adapter is totally new, especially for the 9v 2A console (bought not to use the original).  The micro sd are Kodak 16gb A1 class 10 v1, Kodak 128gb A1 class 10 v3 and lexar 128gb A1 class 10 v1, all were tested in FAT32, the games were hung both in multiple Bins, as unified, all passed to exfat  , the games stopped crashing, but in Kodak, there were games that did not see the end or loaded badly, in lexar they work better, but there are still the commented bugs.  Now I ask: 1. In the case of needing a source with more power, why did Krikkz not say anything before selling it?  2. Why don't all the micro SD work, you have to buy a special brand, why didn't Krikkz say it either?  3. when will you fix this?  4. I repeat, in two weeks if Krikkz does not fix it, I will upload a video with all these problems on several YouTube channels, why is it not only the $ 200 everdrive that does not work properly, it is also the power cabinets and the micros  sd that we bought apart why Krikkz has not warned about it, greetings.
The legend Will never die

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2020, 01:23 AM »
It probably just has problems with shitty SD cards. The Everdrive can't fix shitty cards. Try a known good quality card from a local electronics dealer. Don't buy SD cards on ebay, they are too often fake or shitty clones.

Offline Marteicos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 01:44 PM »
The master clock oscilator is still for pal or was it replaced with a ntsc one?

If your console still uses the pal compliant master clock, only use pal cd games at 50hz.

Use a NTSC console to play cd games at 60hz, only forcing 60 hz on the vdp is not enough, with the pal master oscilator the clocks derivated to the 68000 and z80 will be wrong and cause issues when running cd games, since the Mega Everdrive pro expect lower clocks on console side. (Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong in any regards).

And don't cheap out at sd cards, the everdrives don't like it's internal controllers, expect having problems when using them.

PS, do you still have the listing from the place you bought the power supply?
Also it is a good idea to try replacing the 7805s in your system.

Krikzz always made it very clear that Mega Everdrives works best on non modded consoles.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 01:49 PM by Marteicos »

Offline Adrian Gauna

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 08:25 AM »
@Marteicos Yep you're right, if you have a PAL Mega-CD you have to stick to PAL games and if you have an NTSC SEGA-CD you have to stick to NTSC games. I've tried running NTSC SEGA-CD games on my PAL Mega-CD and half of them don't even load, and that's with the Mega EverDrive's Mega key for region lockout removal and correct US region bios. It's not the Mega EverDrive or the EverDrive Pro thats to blame it's the master clock inside the console not being able to fully handle the 60Hz speed at forced 50Hz or vice versa.

I know for a fact that Road Rash on SEGA-CD will not even load beyond the bios if using a PAL Mega-CD (well model 2 anyway).