Author Topic: MED Pro and Mega SG (2 troubleshoots and a question)  (Read 581 times)

Offline snatch1414

• View Profile
MED Pro and Mega SG (2 troubleshoots and a question)
« on: September 21, 2020, 07:28 PM »
Hi, I have the MED Pro on a Mega SG which is also jailbroken. Everything seems fine other than the following:

1) I cannot get Japanese Mega CD games to work. It is not swapping BIOS' for some reason. I have tried two different Japanese Mega CD BIOS file and renamed them both as instructed. Still nothing. I ran diagnostics and Mega Key is turned on, but I get an ERROR when I run the diagnostics.

2) Anyone else have a hard time with their MED Pro having to sit just right in the cart slot? When I first put mine in the Mega SG it took at least a half dozen tries for it to work. I took it out recently and when I put it back in, same thing. Either black or pink screen unless I fiddle with it a bunch.

3) For 32X games, do I just put the 32X in the slot like normal and run power to it or is there more hookups necessary? Thanks
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 07:33 PM by snatch1414 »

Offline zaphro72

• View Profile
Re: MED Pro and Mega SG (2 troubleshoots and a question)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 08:10 PM »
Hi, I have the MED Pro on a Mega SG which is also jailbroken. Everything seems fine other than the following:

1) I cannot get Japanese Mega CD games to work. It is not swapping BIOS' for some reason. I have tried two different Japanese Mega CD BIOS file and renamed them both as instructed. Still nothing. I ran diagnostics and Mega Key is turned on, but I get an ERROR when I run the diagnostics.

2) Anyone else have a hard time with their MED Pro having to sit just right in the cart slot? When I first put mine in the Mega SG it took at least a half dozen tries for it to work. I took it out recently and when I put it back in, same thing. Either black or pink screen unless I fiddle with it a bunch.

3) For 32X games, do I just put the 32X in the slot like normal and run power to it or is there more hookups necessary? Thanks

Not sure the answer to the first two questions but I don't believe the 32x works with the Mega SG yet and if/when it does I think you need to use it in conjunction with the DAC

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 10:15 PM »
1. have no ideas why japanese bioses does not work. As for megakey you can switch it off, ot works only with original systems.
2. likely some dirt on contacts.
3. plug your 32x and power supply, just like for any regular 32x games

Offline snatch1414

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 03:07 AM »
1. have no ideas why japanese bioses does not work. As for megakey you can switch it off, ot works only with original systems.
2. likely some dirt on contacts.
3. plug your 32x and power supply, just like for any regular 32x games

Appreciate the response, but do you have any ideas what I might try to remedy the Mega CD issue? I assume the MED Pro will automatically use the right BIOS depending on what game I'm playing is that correct or do I have to do something more before booting up Japanese or Euro games?

Offline peterlanders

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 05:29 PM »
1. I have no issue with any Japanese Mega CD games. You'll definitely want to make sure Mega Key is OFF, otherwise it will cancel out the automatic region and PAL/NTSC switching on the Sg. That's the only setting change you should have to make on the MEP. I don't use the jailbreak firmware on the Sg, though; maybe try going back to the official 4.7 release if turning of Mega Key doesn't fix it. I should also say that every BIOS version I've tried has worked equally well.
2. My MEP fits perfectly every time. Never had an issue with it seating properly. Solid and stable, and I routinely leave it installed while ejecting the microSD card for updates.
3. 32x will work with the Sg now, as long as you have the DAC as well. Because it needs the analog overlay video cable, you can't get the 32x video via HDMI.

Offline snatch1414

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 09:48 PM »
1. I have no issue with any Japanese Mega CD games. You'll definitely want to make sure Mega Key is OFF, otherwise it will cancel out the automatic region and PAL/NTSC switching on the Sg. That's the only setting change you should have to make on the MEP. I don't use the jailbreak firmware on the Sg, though; maybe try going back to the official 4.7 release if turning of Mega Key doesn't fix it. I should also say that every BIOS version I've tried has worked equally well.
2. My MEP fits perfectly every time. Never had an issue with it seating properly. Solid and stable, and I routinely leave it installed while ejecting the microSD card for updates.
3. 32x will work with the Sg now, as long as you have the DAC as well. Because it needs the analog overlay video cable, you can't get the 32x video via HDMI.

Thanks I will try that. I'd lose my Game Gear stuff but I guess you can't have everything haha.

Offline peterlanders

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 12:31 AM »
Worth a try at least. I'd say test it with Mega Key off first, maybe that's the actual problem. One thing at a time is always best when troubleshooting!  ;)