Author Topic: Mega Everdrive Pro not working with 32X  (Read 1216 times)

Offline PanicOnFunkatron

• View Profile
Mega Everdrive Pro not working with 32X
« on: October 26, 2020, 10:44 PM »
Just bought a 32X and wanted to try out some games with the Mega Everdrive Pro but cannot get it working. I have two Model 1 Genesises. The launch Genesis just gives me a black screen. The other model 1 (non High Definition graphics version) will go to the "Produced by Sega Enterprises" splash screen and then gets an Error 40 Unexpected Error on the Mega Everdrive Pro menu. I've tested the 32X on both Genesises with a 36 Great Holes 32X and works on both. I've also tried a Genesis cart (OutRun) on the 32X on both Genesises and it works on both.

Anyone have any ideas why the Everdrive doesn't work?

Offline zaphro72

• View Profile
Re: Mega Everdrive Pro not working with 32X
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 01:05 AM »
Just bought a 32X and wanted to try out some games with the Mega Everdrive Pro but cannot get it working. I have two Model 1 Genesises. The launch Genesis just gives me a black screen. The other model 1 (non High Definition graphics version) will go to the "Produced by Sega Enterprises" splash screen and then gets an Error 40 Unexpected Error on the Mega Everdrive Pro menu. I've tested the 32X on both Genesises with a 36 Great Holes 32X and works on both. I've also tried a Genesis cart (OutRun) on the 32X on both Genesises and it works on both.

Question, do you have a sega cd connected to the system as well? I get errors with my everdrive and 32x if the Sega CD is also connected. I don't have the pro yet and only have an older model.

Offline PanicOnFunkatron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 10:25 AM »

Question, do you have a sega cd connected to the system as well? I get errors with my everdrive and 32x if the Sega CD is also connected. I don't have the pro yet and only have an older model.

I don’t have a Sega CD so that can’t be the issue.

Offline unfnknblvbl

• Maestro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 07:19 AM »
You can't use the MCD functionality of the MED Pro while a 32X is connected. Something to do with the address spacing of the cartridge slot already being used up. If you want to use the MED Pro through the 32X, you'll have to disable the MCD functionality first. This is a known limitation (it's in the manual) and affects the MegaSD as well.

Offline PanicOnFunkatron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 12:51 AM »
You can't use the MCD functionality of the MED Pro while a 32X is connected. Something to do with the address spacing of the cartridge slot already being used up. If you want to use the MED Pro through the 32X, you'll have to disable the MCD functionality first. This is a known limitation (it's in the manual) and affects the MegaSD as well.

I'm not sure what you mean by disabling MCD functionality, there's nothing in the menus. I don't have an actual Sega CD hooked to the Genesis (or even own one at all) so that's not the issue. As far as I know there's nothing in the system menu to disable MCD.

Offline unfnknblvbl

• Maestro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 10:04 AM »
Huh. I could have sworn the option used to be there at some point. Regardless, page 14 of the manual states that you can't play MCD games if a 32X is connected.

Have you tested it without the 32X connected?

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 04:08 PM »
Again, it seems they're talking about 32X and Genesis games not working. CD games are irrelevant in this case as they never mentioned it in the OP.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2020, 12:02 AM »
If you can, take apart your 32X and clean both cartridge contacts using Isopropyl alcohol.
Also carefully clean and reseat all the flex cable connections.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL