Author Topic: Hello & Noob Question  (Read 822 times)

Offline CrashOvrRide

• View Profile
Hello & Noob Question
« on: November 14, 2020, 10:28 PM »
Hello everyone! Nice to meet you and so excited to be here! I recently discovered the Mega Everdrive (I know I'm behind the times) but I am stoked to play all my old favorites I played while as a kid.

My wife ordered the Mega Everdrive Pro from Amazon and I just received it this morning. Here's my question and I apologize if this has been asked before, was the Everdrive Pro supposed to come with a Micro SD card? I have extras but I figured it did, my bad for assuming I suppose, lol.

Also, when I downloaded the "MEGAOS.zip" folder from krikzz, I did not see any of the ROM files. Is there a separate section for the ROMS or do I download the ROMS from somewhere else?

Thanks for your help, I can't wait to play some Shadowrun! >.<

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
Re: Hello & Noob Question
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 02:50 AM »
Some resellers might offer an SD card, but it'd be specifically stated somewhere on the product page and you'd usually have to pay extra for it.

ROMs need to be acquired elsewhere. They're not hard to find. A combination of "archive.org" and "genesis no intro" when searching will usually do the trick.

Offline showergel

• View Profile
Re: Hello & Noob Question
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 09:30 PM »
As CrashOverRide said, no SD Card ships with the Mega Everdrive.   Depending on your game library, a 1GB MicrsoSD can nearly hold the entire Genesis USA catalog.  If you add SegaCD images, additional systems & regions, you'll need more space.  I can't imagine using more than what a 256GB MicroSD Card can hold in any use case.  If you stuck to one region's releases (Genesis/Master/SegaCD), 128GB is more than enough. 

Regarding the file structure of where to put ROM images - create a folder in the root of your MicroSD Card, name it what you want, and put the ROMs in there .. for example "Genesis Games" or "Master System Games".  It's up to your imagination how you want to make your folder layout.  Maybe you'll want to create subfolders by game genre, or some extra folders to sort out A-E, F-H, etc.  Personally, I have one folder per console & region (i.e. "Genesis US") and put all US-released Genesis titles in there, and so on.