Author Topic: Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition - Mega Everdrive X5  (Read 712 times)

Offline arzarello

• View Profile
Hi, I have a Mega Everdrive X5, and when I play Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition,it frezze in Balrog fight. This game have any problem with X5 versión? It is compatible?

Thanks.

Offline showergel

• View Profile
Re: Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition - Mega Everdrive X5
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 04:15 AM »
  • Have you tried the actual SF2:SCE Cartridge?
  • Have you tried playing the ROM on an emulator like RetroArch (GENS core) to see if the problem exists?
  • Have you tried putting the ROM on a different SD card to see if the problem is fixed?
  • Have you tried another ROM image?
  • Have you verified if you're using a NTSC or PAL ROM?  If so, is your Genesis/MegaDrive made for the same region as the ROM?
  • Have you tried using another Genesis/MegaDrive console with the Mega Everdrive?
Sometimes ROM images from the internet get corrupt.   Sometimes ROM sites have bad images.  Sometimes SD Cards go bad.  The best alternatives are to try eliminating the ROM, the SD Card, and the Mega Everdrive as variables.   

Offline arzarello

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 09:25 PM »
Hi, I respond your questions:

❌ Have you tried the actual SF2:SCE Cartridge? I don´t have the cartridge
✔ Have you tried playing the ROM on an emulator like RetroArch (GENS core) to see if the problem exists? I played in GENS and works fine
❌ Have you tried putting the ROM on a different SD card to see if the problem is fixed? I must try it
❌ Have you tried another ROM image? I must try it
✔ Have you verified if you're using a NTSC or PAL ROM?  If so, is your Genesis/MegaDrive made for the same region as the ROM? It is PAL Version
❌ Have you tried using another Genesis/MegaDrive console with the Mega Everdrive? No, not yet

My Mega Drive is a Model 1 VA3 motherboard.

Offline arzarello

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 07:32 PM »
I tried with other images ROM, and the problem still continue.  :-\