Author Topic: SD card for Everdrive Pro  (Read 832 times)

Offline Fagtus

• View Profile
SD card for Everdrive Pro
« on: December 04, 2020, 02:00 PM »
Hello,

My Everdrive Pro is on the road (ordered few days ago).
But I have a question regarding the SD card.

Do I need a specific SD card ?(like speed or class)
I saw the SD interface speed at 5MB/s on read and 1.4MB/s on write. So maybe I need a specific speed?
I know that is a MicroSD card and not a SD card.
I saw on external website that the maximum size is 32 GB and other 128GB. True or not? I think it is enough maybe ROM is very little.
And for the system file I saw FAT16,FAT32 and EXFAT. Maybe Better to select one of these ?

Thanks for your comment

Regards,
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 02:02 PM by Fagtus »

Offline IRL Random Hajile

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: SD card for Everdrive Pro
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 03:07 PM »
Hiya there!
No need to worry about reaching specific SD read/write speeds on the Pro. Mega EverDrive Pro, whilst a magnificent beast of a flashcart, isn't gonna be able to reach Class 10 speeds looking at the EverDrive Diagnostics. All that is required really is a card that is reliable in terms of quality and one that is also formatted in exFAT, to ensure that Sega CD games or MSU-MD hacks don't crash at random.
As for the Micro SD card you want, I recommend going with a card that is at least 128GB storage capacity or more depending on how much data you want to store (Sega CD games naturally are gonna take up a large chunk of space compared to cartridge based games). If you do decide on wanting to put the entire Sega CD library in your Micro SD card, including MSU-MD hacks, then it definitely wouldn't hurt to invest in a card with a larger storage capacity.
I should note that the first time I used the Mega EverDrive Pro, I was coming across issues with Sega CD games randomly crashing, or MSU-MD hacks with hanging audio no matter how I formatted my Micro SD card. Turns out it was the Micro SD card that was the culprit (was previously using a Lexar 256GB card).
So I got a Sandisk Extreme 400GB card ordered from Amazon instead, formatted in exFAT with 256KB cluster size, and that worked out brilliantly for me solving the previous issues I've had.
"BH75001, Random Hajile... that's
R-A-N-D-O-M H-A-J-I-L-E."