Author Topic: MED Pro: Bricked SD after pressing cartridge reset button  (Read 521 times)

Offline Hans

• View Profile
MED Pro: Bricked SD after pressing cartridge reset button
« on: December 07, 2020, 11:35 PM »
Hello,

I was playing a Sega CD game, and pressed the reset button on top of MED Pro cartridge, after a black screen MED Pro won't loaded anymore.
I removed SD Card (a Sandisk 32GB model) and put on my PC, I found everything there was corrupted and the SD itself was impossible to format (a lot of random errors happening).

My question is if that button is safe to press?, and also What's the best way to return to MED Menu from a Sega CD Game? (since in-menu combo doesn't work there).

Best regards.

Offline zaphro72

• View Profile
Re: MED Pro: Bricked SD after pressing cartridge reset button
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 12:59 AM »
Hello,

I was playing a Sega CD game, and pressed the reset button on top of MED Pro cartridge, after a black screen MED Pro won't loaded anymore.
I removed SD Card (a Sandisk 32GB model) and put on my PC, I found everything there was corrupted and the SD itself was impossible to format (a lot of random errors happening).

My question is if that button is safe to press?, and also What's the best way to return to MED Menu from a Sega CD Game? (since in-menu combo doesn't work there).

Best regards.

The button on top of the cartridge is the SMS pause button. To get back to the menu, check to see if you have reset to menu turned on and if you do then you can just press the consoles reset button.

Offline peterlanders

• View Profile
Re: MED Pro: Bricked SD after pressing cartridge reset button
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 07:46 AM »
As for the corrupted card, you might try using the official SD Association formatter. It often seems able to fix issues that the regular OS format command won't. https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/