Author Topic: HELP FX Pak Pro Menu and Visual Issues  (Read 435 times)

Offline Bratwursty

• View Profile
HELP FX Pak Pro Menu and Visual Issues
« on: January 17, 2021, 10:28 PM »
Hello,
I fairly recently purchased an FX Pak pro from StoneAgeGamer and it has some issues. Whenever I play a game horizontal distorted lines travel down the screen causing visual distortion. Additionally the menu does not function properly as it starts scroll over options that don’t exist and doesn’t allow me to select them (this also happened in the Final Fantasy 3 in game menu making it unplayable). However when I go to select a rom the menu works fine.

Normal Snes games work fine and I have an OEM power supply, any idea on what would cause these issues?

See youtube video for demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0onODNDqkJo&feature=youtu.be

Offline TheShadowRunner

• View Profile
Re: HELP FX Pak Pro Menu and Visual Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 10:42 PM »
Do you have an alternative AC adapter you could try ?

Offline Bratwursty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 10:56 PM »
Do you have an alternative AC adapter you could try ?

My NES uses some weird third party AC Adapter that says it outputs 10V and also fits my SNES. I have tried using that, but it doesn't even power up the cartridge. Those are my only options at the moment unfortunately

Offline nsheeks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 07:54 PM »
Sounds like you need to put a piece of tape on the left-most pin on the connector. I had the same issues that were fixed by covering that pin. Absolutely generic and inexcusable for them to release a $200 cart where a piece of tape on the pin fixes the issue.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 12:01 PM »
Yeah that bug should be fixed by Ikari. It's known to affect certain NTSC systems of version 1/1/1, 2/1/1 or 2/1/2. What region and version do you use?

https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=10548.msg78825#msg78825