Author Topic: Gameboy Exerdrive X3 Error 38 - Unable to locate GBCOS.zip  (Read 227 times)

Offline ArcadeMYK

• View Profile
Gameboy Exerdrive X3 Error 38 - Unable to locate GBCOS.zip
« on: January 23, 2021, 04:51 AM »
Hi Krikzz Team/Community,

Setting up my X3 today and keep getting an error that says go to krikzz.com & download GBCOS.zip & unzip to SD card - as far as I can see there is only the  GBC-OS-v1.00.zip , GBC-OS-v1.02, GBC-OS-v1.03 & GBC-OS-v1.04 zips available & no file named "GBCOS.zip". I've tried downloading and unzipping all of the V1.0# files to the SD card one by one and still got the same error all 4 times.

Is the file GBCOS.zip held somewhere else on the website?

Or maybe user error?
Before I started I reformatted the micro SD to FAT32 and named the card Gameboy - it's a 4gb sandisk micro - its pretty old, but still functions & reads completely fine on my laptop.
Model: Everdrive-GB - Model 17 Rev. C - 20.02.2018

Any help would be appreciated

Offline ArcadeMYK

• View Profile
Re: Gameboy Exerdrive X3 Error 38 - Unable to locate GBCOS.zip
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 08:33 AM »
Cancel that guys - worked out the issue - was noted in an older post in here that my buddy found - my problem was using the default Zip program in Windows 10 to do the extracting of the zip files to the SD card
So I downloaded the latest 7Zip (a 2019 version) - used that to unzip the Version 1.04 - stuck the X3 back in the GB and BOOM!! Worked absolutely perfectly.

Might be something to let purchasers of the GB X3 know about as they may come across the same issues as me with newer versions of windows.
They'll get the same error telling them to get GBCOS.zip from the site - but that no longer exists & they should be pointed to http://krikzz.com/pub/support/everdrive-gb/x-series/OS/
and told to grab what ever the latest version of GBC-OS-v1.##.zip in there

Already had a crack on 2 games that I'd never heard of before - A-Mazing Tater and After Burst - so much more exploring to do!
Going to be using this thing heavily during my holiday coming up in a few days =D