Author Topic: How reliable is the GB/GBC emulator save states and save files?  (Read 1138 times)

Offline meego

• View Profile
I use to play on my EZ Flash Omega and I enjoyed using the GB and GBC emulator. However eventually most save states or save games would become corrupt or erased. So I gave up on trying to play any game that required a save file. I understand Everdrive products are very high quality so I would assume that perhaps their save states and save games would actually work for GB and GBC games. I'd hate to play a game like Pokemon or sink 20 hours into Dragon Quest 3 just to have my file get erased. For the record I own the GB x7 everdrive and the new GBA everdrive. I just simply want to to know if anyone has experience playing a gb/gbc game on the GBA everdrive for a long time and their save remaining intact? I want to play certain games on my Micro at work and only the gba everdrive can do this.

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
I use to play on my EZ Flash Omega and I enjoyed using the GB and GBC emulator. However eventually most save states or save games would become corrupt or erased. So I gave up on trying to play any game that required a save file. I understand Everdrive products are very high quality so I would assume that perhaps their save states and save games would actually work for GB and GBC games. I'd hate to play a game like Pokemon or sink 20 hours into Dragon Quest 3 just to have my file get erased. For the record I own the GB x7 everdrive and the new GBA everdrive. I just simply want to to know if anyone has experience playing a gb/gbc game on the GBA everdrive for a long time and their save remaining intact? I want to play certain games on my Micro at work and only the gba everdrive can do this.

no matter what GBA flashcart u use they all will use Goomba to play GB/GBC games so will have the same results

Offline nuu

• View Profile
OP has the EDGB X7 though, so no Goomba there. I've never lost a save file on an Everdrive except when the battery runs dry (you'll loose the save currently in save memory when that happens). Make regular backups of your save files and you should be fine.
I don't know how reliable save states are as I've never used them. Don't use them in a game like an RPG where you don't need them.

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
Save states...? Never relied on them when you can just patch your roms with cheats so you can process through it easily, but I do remember the days when my old Super Card SD used to use Goomba before it died and I could interchange between hacks and still use the same save state until the device forgot the game that was previously operating on it before I got the EDGBA which mainly has rarely had a save state file by me unless it's a NES rom.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!