Author Topic: Everdrive 64 Compatibility  (Read 264385 times)

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
Re: Everdrive 64 Compatibility
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2014, 10:59 PM »
the hacked save type for episode 1 pod racer was pretty much created to allow save compatibility for old copiers which didn't support 16kb epprom save type, as far as i know the hack uses sram instead of 16kb eeprom.
 the fact that the everdrive 64 supports 16kb eeprom should mean that the unmodified game rom should save correctly. krikzz did state that he has improved eeprom save compatibility, by that i gather he means the 16kb eeprom type. hopefully now the unmodded version of pod racer will be saving 100%.
 also hoping we will get the upcomming everdrive 64 os for v2 everdrives.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 08:37 PM by butfluffy »

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
    • :D
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2014, 11:33 PM »
Did anyone of you get "newly released" Pokemon Stadium v1.2 to work on ED64? Everytime I try to launch the game I get the BAD CRC error. What about you guys?

doesn't work for me and rn64crc says the chksum is a correct one :/

Offline GBM

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2014, 12:14 PM »
Thank you for checkin as well! So since this version is most likely not a hack we can add it to the incompatibility list right?

Offline fabio_rosendo

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2014, 05:43 AM »
the hacked save type for episode 1 wpod racer was pretty musc created to allow save compatibility for old copiers which didn't support 16kb epprom save type, as far as i know the hack uses sram instead of 16kb eeprom.
 the fact that the everdrive 64 supports 16kb eeprom should mean that the unmodified game rom should save correctly. krikzz did state that he has improved eeprom save compatibility, by that i gather he means the 16kb eeprom type. hopefully now the unmodded version of pod racer will be saving 100%.
I used the last Krikzz OS, and Star Wars Racer still lost the save with me.
I advise you to use the hacked Rom for this game.
I think the compatibility isn't perfect yet.

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2014, 12:28 PM »
the hacked save type for episode 1 wpod racer was pretty musc created to allow save compatibility for old copiers which didn't support 16kb epprom save type, as far as i know the hack uses sram instead of 16kb eeprom.
I used the last Krikzz OS, and Star Wars Racer still lost the save with me.
I advise you to use the hacked Rom for this game.
I think the compatibility isn't perfect yet.

i have the hacked rom aswell but i did not mean the save big should be fixed in the latest 2.04 os. krikzz stated that in an upcomming os eeprom saving problems should be fixed.

Offline Avrel

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2014, 05:04 PM »
I think there is something currently missing on the compatibility list.

Jet Force Gemini is said to be working with a patch for both NTSC and PAL version.

It seems that the patched PAL version is not working (game freezing just after the introduction video, when you are suppose to start playing). I tried myself with the rom from different sources (prepatched and patched myself) and always the same result.
The NTSC version is woking.

I also saw other reports on this forum from people experiencing the same issue with the PAL version.

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2014, 08:25 PM »
the botched JFG pal patch has been an issue for some time. even back in the old copier days from what i remember pal users didn't get a fixed patch. i think the way to go for pal users for now is to use the proper cracked usa game on your pal n64 and make the most of it.
 i'm not sure if there are any issues playing trough the usa rom on a apl console. i remember burning the cracked usa rom onto cds for local pal copier owners back in the day and i cant recall anyone having any issues which would make the game unplayable or anything. i also cant remember if i had to video fix the usa rom with a patch or spaladin to work on pal systems.
 it's not the ideal outcome by anymeans :)

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2014, 08:14 AM »
Jet Force Gemini (E) (M4) [f1]
is fully working on my PAL Everdrive on PAL console.

Offline Avrel

• View Profile
Everdrive 64 Compatibility
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2014, 10:26 AM »
Interesting. There must be something different that makes it work in a case and not in the other.

I have a french N64 (PAL) with RGB mod.
OS V2.04.
I don't think the TV can make any difference ?
Any other idea what the difference can be ?

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2014, 11:00 AM »
I'm French and I use a NUS-001(FRA) model, RGB modded.
I played a litlle while through JFG, passed the Goldwood forest, and reached what i can remember as Anubis, using many saves.

EDIT : can't remember which OS i use, will check this afternoon after work.

Offline cheaterdragon1

• View Profile
    • Micro-64
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2014, 03:11 AM »
When I recently revised my Everdrive page I added Star Wars Episode I - Racer. I tested the patches and they do work, but they have a few specific instructions that should be added to the list here.

When using the Star Wars patch for the first time you need initialize your save game. For NTSC users you need to press and hold Z+Start during the Crazy Nation intro otherwise the game will crash. The PAL patch was done by someone else and for that one you just need check off "CLEAR EEPROM" then hit Start at the intro. This is only done for first time use, if you make a save file on your Everdrive after doing this then you won't have to do it again.

When using either patch you can only use the first and second save files. This has something to do with the game being EEP16K instead of what was the usual EEP4K at the time. Back then you would need a boot cart with the same save-type and they did this so someone could just use an EEP4K game. This patch was clearly made for back-up units and not the Everdrive, I'm sure if someone re-did the patch today they would have no trouble getting all save files working.

The instructions for the patch also say not to use your save file from the normal version with the patched version. I haven't verified if this matters though.

Also regarding Jet Force Gemini PAL, I've heard from several people the PAL patch does work, and from others that it doesn't work. It's a weird thing. I do appreciate people commenting here as maybe we can figure out what's wrong.

EDIT: Okay I just found a second JFG PAL patch. Download link still works. Has anyone tried this? http://web.archive.org/web/20020402024452/http://www.dextrose.com/info/0710hs-jfgp.htm

Also I've tested the regular PAL patch by Dextrose on my NTSC Everdrive, NTSC system, and NTSC TV and so far so good. Watched the opening cutscene, moved around, I can shoot, run and jump no problem, and I watched the cutscene from King Jeff.

EDIT AGAIN: I was wondering why that above patch didn't like the PAL version, it was instead made for converting the patched NTSC version to PAL. Well hopefully they actually did something besides just put the NTSC version through PALadin. I prepatched it for you guys, download this and let me know what happens:

https://www.mediafire.com/?yq1qhsjb43ac1la
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 04:05 AM by cheaterdragon1 »

We now have a Facebook group for all N64 fans!

Offline Avrel

• View Profile
Everdrive 64 Compatibility
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2014, 05:56 PM »
I am currently on holiday. I can only try your links when iI am back home. (30.09)

Offline Polar Hacker

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2014, 06:31 PM »
Quick question. Does SM64 Multiplayer by Skelux work on Everdrive64?

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
  • Music and Games are good for the soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2014, 06:48 PM »
Unfortunatly no. Its doing too much to actually work.
Everdrives I own: ED64, Mega Everdrive, EDGB, EDGG, N8, Master Everdrive

Other Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline Polar Hacker

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2014, 06:54 PM »
Unfortunatly no. Its doing too much to actually work.
Shame... :(