Author Topic: Everdrive 64 Compatibility  (Read 264388 times)

Offline bidou67

• View Profile
Re: Everdrive 64 Compatibility
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2014, 01:13 PM »
Hello :)

i look for the good version Jet force gemmini US version working on my everdrive 64 v2 , Jet Force Gemini (U) [f1].z64 not working for me

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2014, 03:41 PM »
Hello :)

i look for the good version Jet force gemmini US version working on my everdrive 64 v2 , Jet Force Gemini (U) [f1].z64 not working for me

I've pm'd you the download for the version I have, which is working for me. If it doesn't work for you, then post here a description of how it's not working for you (say what it does wrong), and I'll try it on my N64.

Offline IlDucci

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2014, 12:15 AM »
I just beat Star Wars Episode I: Racer (Haven't done the Invitational course yet, but I've seen the credits) and I haven't found my save erased or damaged. Here's my specs:

- PAL ROM with the Spanish translation v1.0.1. (As far as I'm concerned, there's no save fix injected into that translation).
 - The game was beaten in five-six runs, resetting the console, saving the file to my HDD, then continuing.
 - Done with a single character (Anakin), but upgrading his stuff.
 - Cheats used: RRTANGENTABACUS, Invincibility only.
 - EverDrive V2 with Firmware 2.31, OS v2.04, PAL CIC, assembled 31.7.2014.

Offline koao

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2014, 03:00 PM »
Hello Every one. I'm new on this forum  ;D

I buy a Japanese Nintendo 64 today and i want buy an everdrive 64 v2 with NTSC setup. But I have 3 questions about compatibility.

1/ Everdrive 64 v2 is region free. So its means I can play to my pal games on  an everdrive 64 v2 with NTSC setup?

2/ I'm french (and sorry about my english) and I want an everdrive essentially to play some games in French (pal version). Like Ocarina of time, Majora's mask, Concker bad fur day, Donkey kong 64, perfect dark banjo Kazooie and Banjo tooie.
All of them works today (Save? game who use intern clock)? ( i'm not sur for banjo Kazooie and Banjo tooie).

If one of them doesn't work on pal version, maybe US version are better?

3/ To update the everdrive do I need an USB port?

I try to found answer on internet, but i'm not sure to the answer. :-\ I hope I'm on the right topic

Offline Fmamarksman

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2014, 06:22 PM »
Hello Every one. I'm new on this forum  ;D

I buy a Japanese Nintendo 64 today and i want buy an everdrive 64 v2 with NTSC setup. But I have 3 questions about compatibility.

1/ Everdrive 64 v2 is region free. So its means I can play to my pal games on  an everdrive 64 v2 with NTSC setup?

2/ I'm french (and sorry about my english) and I want an everdrive essentially to play some games in French (pal version). Like Ocarina of time, Majora's mask, Concker bad fur day, Donkey kong 64, perfect dark banjo Kazooie and Banjo tooie.
All of them works today (Save? game who use intern clock)? ( i'm not sur for banjo Kazooie and Banjo tooie).

If one of them doesn't work on pal version, maybe US version are better?

3/ To update the everdrive do I need an USB port?

I try to found answer on internet, but i'm not sure to the answer. :-\ I hope I'm on the right topic

1) yes you can. TV might not agree with setup, but you can.
2) If you want a game that has an internal clock to work you need ED64 v3. The first 3 you listed and perfect dark are all good, but the last 3 might have some issues.
3)No. USB is only for developing homebrew.
"Father of the four winds fill my sails, cross the sea of years. With no provision, but an open face along the straits of fear."

Offline koao

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2014, 06:31 PM »
1) yes you can. TV might not agree with setup, but you can.
2) If you want a game that has an internal clock to work you need ED64 v3. The first 3 you listed and perfect dark are all good, but the last 3 might have some issues.
3)No. USB is only for developing homebrew.

Thank you for your answers.
1/What do you mean about "TV might not agree with setup"
2/ I really don't know witch game support Internal Clock or not  ;D (exept animal forest). What some issue do you think about banjo's games and DK64. I know DK64 need a patch for save (it's work?), but i don't anderstand what's the problem with banjo's games. Problems are for all version (US and Pal)?
3/OK great

Offline IlDucci

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2014, 06:36 PM »
You won't be able to play Banjo Tooie in French (The fixed version was NTSC-U, which I think didn't had a language selector).

Offline koao

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2014, 06:39 PM »
You won't be able to play Banjo Tooie in French (The fixed version was NTSC-U, which I think didn't had a language selector).

Ho great! English is enought for Banjo's games. Banjo Kazooie works on NTSC-U too?

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2014, 06:42 PM »
Hello koao,
I f you wanna play rather PAL french games, why did you buy a jap' N64 ?
Anyway, I can play any US rom on my French N64, so i suppose it's the same for NTSC console.
By the way, I'm french too. Where are you from ?

Offline Fmamarksman

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2014, 06:43 PM »
well, i'm not certain because I use the ROMs that go with my region but people report that the image is in black and white when using ROM's from another region.

And yeah only like 1 game has a RTC

You can find the specifics to these questions in the forum. I'm fairly sure that with the most recent OS, an unpatched Banjo K. will work fine. it didn't work for me but others have reported success. And i haven't tried Banjo Tooie to know.

EDIT:
Oh and i played like 30 seconds of DK64 to see if it worked when i got my expansion pak. Seemed fine. Don't know about saving
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 06:46 PM by Fmamarksman »
"Father of the four winds fill my sails, cross the sea of years. With no provision, but an open face along the straits of fear."

Offline koao

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2014, 06:49 PM »
well, i'm not certain because I use the ROMs that go with my region but people report that the image is in black and white when using ROM's from another region.

And yeah only like 1 game has a RTC

Ho! seriously? It would be annoying indeed. XD The problem come from the TV or cartridge?

Offline Fmamarksman

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2014, 06:50 PM »
It is a television problem.

Offline koao

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2014, 07:28 PM »
It is a television problem.

My Tv is fairly recent. I don't know it's the if it's the same thing, but my Japanese wii work in color on my tv. :P

If my N64 jap work fine on my TV, everdrive must works in color too? Right?

Offline Fmamarksman

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2014, 07:39 PM »
I believe there isn't really that much of an issue with modern televisions. But no, it isnt the N64, it is the games. If you have an NTSC system, you can play PAL games. If your television doesn't fully support the PAL region, then it will appear black and white. The same is true for the opposite. If you have a PAL tv and N64 and play NTSC games there will be errors.

Offline koao

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2014, 07:52 PM »
I believe there isn't really that much of an issue with modern televisions. But no, it isnt the N64, it is the games. If you have an NTSC system, you can play PAL games. If your television doesn't fully support the PAL region, then it will appear black and white. The same is true for the opposite. If you have a PAL tv and N64 and play NTSC games there will be errors.

I understand. Thank you a lot :)

I look the manual of my TV and i see that (color & video standard)
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/43289/288829/7Iqz3r6QzqNCTLy/upload.png