Author Topic: Everdrive 64 problem  (Read 714 times)

Offline Mr Bigalopigus

• View Profile
Everdrive 64 problem
« on: October 05, 2018, 04:49 PM »
Hello everyone/anyone,
     I am in great need of a kind soul who might be willing to help a stranger. I hope I am using this forum correctly also, but I am not sure that I am. Please bare with me. Here is my situation-  I bought an everdrive 64 V2.5 and received it almost a month ago now, but I still have not been able to get it to work. I haven't been able to take another crack at it again until now because I have been too week dealing with a serious medical condition. I'm still not well but I want to try to get it working because I could really use a distraction to pass some time while I heal. I am not the most computer savy person, but I know some things and I am willing to learn. I read the things on this website about setting it up, but no luck. I downloaded and unzipped the newest operating system, and also downloaded roms and put them on an 8gb sd card that I formatted to FAT32. When I put the Everdrive into my Nintendo 64 and turn it on nothing happens. I know the Nintendo 64 is working correctly because I can play a regular cartridge on it.
     This is what I have done and this is all I know. I don't know where to begin troubleshooting because I dont know that I did any of this correctly. I could have formatted the sd card incorrectly but I don't think so. I think its possible that I did not put the operating system on there correctly. I also think its possible that I did not put the roms on there correctly. Anyone with any hints, tips, or suggestions would be very appreciated. Thank you in advance. I used to love playing the N64 and would love to play some goldeneye, smash bros, and other games.

Offline FeverDrive

• View Profile
Re: Everdrive 64 problem
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 04:42 AM »
What happens when you turn it on without an SD card?
Is the NTSC <-> PAL switch in the correct position?
Do you know if your Everdrive came with the CIC chip installed?
And so I go fast.