Author Topic: quattro adventures on pal nes...  (Read 7470 times)

Offline iddod

• www.soundcloud.com/iddod
    • View Profile
    • my music on soundcloud
quattro adventures on pal nes...
« on: July 29, 2014, 10:34 PM »
so... quattro adventures...
it's an NTSC game, and i've tried every version i can find...
i'm using a PAL nes with the CIC disabled and getting lots of weird black screens and crashes...  (EDN8 with OS11)
what's weird is that i bought the original cart and the same thing happens on that too...
i also bought the PAL version of the cart (named Super Adventure Quests), and that works fine, so i'm assuming the glitches on the NTSC version are down to the 60hz game running on my 50hz console...
BUT, i want to play it on my everdrive, i searched for the rom, and can't find it... has this game been dumped ever? and if so, does anyone have it?

ED64 : EDN8 : TurboED : MegaED : EDGG : EDGB : MasterED : EDGBA : SuperED

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
Re: quattro adventures on pal nes...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 10:56 PM »
the only way to get around problems like this is to own both pal and ntsc systems. i had a pal nes and purcahsed an n8 nes version but i encountered these sorts of problems with ntsc games so i purchased an av famicom and n8 famicom version. i was going to get a pin converter but decided to bite the bullet and get the n8 famicom in addition to the n8 nes, main reason is i don't want to be removing my n8 from my pal nes too often due to the shitty cart slots on the nes.
 the only problem with my solution is the overall cost and the space taken up by the av famicom but it really is the best way to play both 50hz and 60hz games.
 if you have the original pal version game cart then maybe someone here or over at assembler games would dump it for you. i don't think i have seen the pal rom version of this game so getting this game dumped may be helpful for other pal users aswell.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 10:58 PM by butfluffy »

Offline iddod

• View Profile
    • my music on soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 09:52 PM »
well, i can't afford to buy an ntsc console and another ED just for one game, so it makes more sense to get a rom of it out there into the world for everyone else to share...
i'm a member of assembler games but i've always been a casual lurker and i don't really know many people on there, so if anyone can recommend someone that can be trusted to dump it and return it, then i'll happily send my cart to them...
it seems a shame for this not to be available for pal users...
 8)

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 10:47 PM »
i wouldn't purchase another console just for one game either mate. i purchased mine because i ran into quite a few games which were not running correctly or not at all and wanted to play those ntsc games properly and figured there will probably be loads more games with 50/60hz problems in the long run.
 i don't know of any specific person on assembler who dumps nes games. might be best to ask there and see if someone trustworthy with good rep seems interested.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 01:27 PM »
well, i can't afford to buy an ntsc console and another ED just for one game, so it makes more sense to get a rom of it out there into the world for everyone else to share...
i'm a member of assembler games but i've always been a casual lurker and i don't really know many people on there, so if anyone can recommend someone that can be trusted to dump it and return it, then i'll happily send my cart to them...
it seems a shame for this not to be available for pal users...
 8)
You don't need to buy another ED. Just use a 72-60 pin adapter. There are many more NTSC exclusives than PAL, so there are plenty of reasons to get an NTSC console. Remember that your TV must support NTSC.

Offline iddod

• View Profile
    • my music on soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 09:13 PM »
i use a commodore 1084s monitor, composite video, not sure if it's ntsc compatible though...

Offline wilykat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 04:24 PM »
1084s are available for NTSC.  I have 1084, the earlier version without 's' (stereo) and it has composite (CVBS), S-Video (via RCA plugs rather than 4 pin mini DIN), analog RGB and digital RGBI.  My C128 is connected to RGBI and S-Video, and the analog RGB for Amiga system.

Anyway Commodore did have monitors in NTSC, PAL, and I think SECAM format.  This web page might be helful in finding which monitor supports what: http://gona.mactar.hu/Commodore/monitor/Commodore_monitors_by_model_number.html

PS forgot I also have Commodore 1702 which are composite and S-Video only but still very nice for video games.

Offline iddod

• View Profile
    • my music on soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 07:47 PM »

UPDATE :

the PAL version of the game, Super Adventure Quests has now been dumped and added to MESS, thanks to Porchy...

http://www.jammarcade.net/dumping-a-nes-cartridge/

now, if someone could enable savestates for it on the everdrive, my world will be complete  ;D

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 08:40 PM »
sorry to be a bit of a noob here but i'm not sure where you get the mess games from. i've never had anything to do with mess. i wonder if the dump may show up on assembler or somewhere

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
  • Music and Games are good for the soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 09:34 PM »
sorry to be a bit of a noob here but i'm not sure where you get the mess games from. i've never had anything to do with mess. i wonder if the dump may show up on assembler or somewhere
I could be wrong, but from reading it, i believe Porchy has added support for the rom on MESS, but has not publicly dumped the rom at the moment. At least i cant seem to find the dump via the internet.
Everdrives I own: ED64, Mega Everdrive, EDGB, EDGG, N8, Master Everdrive

Other Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 09:50 PM »
i figured since iddod said "now, if someone could enable savestates for it on the everdrive, my world will be complete" that the rom was available soemwhere on that mess site and that iddod had it.
 hopefully it will show up soon, even though i can play quatro adventure on my av famicom i like having rom sets as complete as possible, it's more of an OCD thing lol.

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 09:59 PM »
Yea at this point id figure it isnt wide spread, so maybe pm'ing Iddod would be the fastest way of getting ahold of the rom. Just checked MESS's website, doesnt have a rom download section (only bios).

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 10:12 PM »
yeah i couldn't find any rom section on there either. i'm not going to pester iddod about it just yet. may aswell wait and see if it appears in the usual places over the next few days.

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 10:21 PM »
Sounds good, for he probably doesnt want 1000's of people spamming him for the rom and Pochey or him might host it soon. Ill let you know if i see it online, even though i wouldnt be able to make use of it not having a pal nes and all...

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 11:24 PM »
being from the uk i had my pal nes and nes style n8 first. then i had the trouble with some ntsc only games not working properly, thats when i got the av famicom and fami n8. i have to say i prefer the av famicom setup but the pal system is cool for those pesky pal only titles.
 it's also cool from a collection perspective having both console designs. the av famicom is nice and compact but the pal toaster nes has that classic look i remember when i was but a lad lol.