Author Topic: Error:56 when loading roms sometimes  (Read 4170 times)

Offline duckfist

• View Profile
Error:56 when loading roms sometimes
« on: July 31, 2014, 09:02 PM »
Purchased from Stone Age Gamer.

I get "Error:56" occasionally when loading a rom.  However, it will only happen on certain roms, and only sometimes.  When it happens, it'll continue to happen on the same rom, until I load a different rom, reset, and try the other rom again.  Any idea what the error code is and why this may happen?

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Error:56 when loading roms sometimes
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 09:21 PM »
too many files in EDFC/SAVE folder or corrupted FAT system. try to clean up SAVE folder or format sd card

Offline BuckRight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 09:28 PM »
It would be really great if there was a stickie thread that listed all of the errors, what they mean, and what can be done to fix them. This type of thread would save everyone a lot of time.

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
  • Music and Games are good for the soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 09:43 PM »
It would be really great if there was a stickie thread that listed all of the errors, what they mean, and what can be done to fix them. This type of thread would save everyone a lot of time.
shhhhhh, those are confidential ;).
Everdrives I own: ED64, Mega Everdrive, EDGB, EDGG, N8, Master Everdrive

Other Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline duckfist

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 10:49 PM »
too many files in EDFC/SAVE folder

It was this - I maxed out my save folder with 256 saves.  I did this because since each rom can only have 1 savestate, I copied the same rom multiple times to set up multiple saves on one game, so I could more easily practice segments of a game like on a PC emulator.

Any tips for managing large amounts of saves like this?  I suppose I could use multiple SD cards, or rename my EDFC/SAVE folder, and rename it back when I want to access specific saves, but that could get tedious.

Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:52 PM by duckfist »

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 11:08 PM »
I did never think about such kind of problem, probably there is no really good way to have  multiple saves per game. May be you can use copy sram to/from file function to make backups of yours saves, instead of use multiple files, i not sure if it is waht you want. I guess that you play really a lot, if you overload yours save folder (: